StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Plague Orchestra? (Taking suggestions for a name)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Heck yes! I want this mess! (But not to participate.)
Heck yes! I want to be part of this mess!
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
This is dumb and you should feel bad!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I want to see where this goes, and hope people will comment in this thread.
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
I don't care either way, and I'm not even sure why I'm voting in this poll in the first place.
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Canada SIN55
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 21816

SIN55 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View SIN55's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You needn't worry about a thing my friend! I've got it covered Wink
Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the enthusiasm for this project is awesome and thanks to everyone for deciding to take on the challenge of recording! Very Happy Hope you are having fun! And I hope I can speak on behalf of Sin and Gert and say we appreciate the acknowledgement, Pez. Very Happy

I’ve been thinking about the video and wanted to give my two cents. My personal preference is audio only. That’s what I thought the project was going to be from the start and I’m sure there are others that thought that too. Given that we all listen to soundtrack music on SST, without video, I feel it’s fitting to keep with that format. ;D I’m also considering those that would not want to do the video, or maybe feel added pressure of having to do a video too. This is still in the experimental stage, so if anything let’s get the audio portion out of the way and then decide whether a video would be the way to go. Anyway, that's my thought on it. Smile
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

(Much of this was written before Elmer's reply was posted. Unsurprisingly, it's mostly the same sentiments.)

607 wrote:
I do have an old version of VEGAS Pro and wouldn't mind editing things. Smile I'm not an expert at it, though.

Elmer, SIN, and I are WAY out of our depth when it comes to video editing. The main goals of this first experiment are figuring out how the sheet music and audio, etc. should be managed, how project organization should work, and above all, putting together a kick-butt product. Adding video seems like one too many balls in the air at once right now!

But, 602, if you'd like to tinker with image animation using a copy of the finished audio file or a couple "live" video recordings to learn how to do it, we can make that happen. If you become a video editing/image animation wizard, you could be our secret weapon if there's another one. Smile

elmer856 wrote:
I think the enthusiasm for this project is awesome and thanks to everyone for deciding to take on the challenge of recording! [...] Given that we all listen to soundtrack music on SST, without video, I feel it’s fitting to keep with that format. [...]

I agree with Elmer's post. And though I don't want to be on camera either, I totally understand the people who think video would be neat. Apologies to Pez for somehow missing her thank-you post!
Austria Pez5069 VIP (subscribed member)
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 49361

Pez5069 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Pez5069's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I put 5 recordings in the folder, please let me know if you can use them. I did some with only the last part, but you sure can handle it. Wink
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, Pez! Very Happy Sounds like most of them have mistakes in one or two places? I guess SIN can put them together into one good take. Wink
Austria Pez5069 VIP (subscribed member)
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 49361

Pez5069 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Pez5069's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know, I keep on to get it done without mistakes.
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm, i still didnt get any further informations. Surprised
Canada SIN55
Ensign
Ensign

SIN55 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View SIN55's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Baghira wrote:
uhm, i still didnt get any further informations. Surprised

I see that Elmer replied to your email with the link to the shared Google Drive folder on March 17th. I'll PM you the link just in case that email was lost.

Any further instructions are in the files found on the Drive.
Germany DieTeeFee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 36042

DieTeeFee is offline View user's profile Send private message View DieTeeFee's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo... i did about 2 million recordings... all of them are terrible. But since i'm coming down with a cold right now i guess i won't be doing anything better for the next 4 weeks. Probably.

So i uploaded 4 regular recordings and one staggered one...

I hope this is usable? If not I can try to do it again (the voice is not gone quite yet Wink ) if you can tell me what to do differently Very Happy
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

DieTeeFee wrote:
Sooo... i did about 2 million recordings... all of them are terrible. But since i'm coming down with a cold right now i guess i won't be doing anything better for the next 4 weeks. Probably.

So i uploaded 4 regular recordings and one staggered one...

I hope this is usable? If not I can try to do it again (the voice is not gone quite yet Wink ) if you can tell me what to do differently Very Happy

Nah, I'm sure it's gonna be great. Buuuut, if you catch your voice when it's at the gravely, octave+ lower stage, you could record then and we could have Batman singing with us too!

607 & Pez: I am also wrestling with what is "good enough" and will have to release mine into the ether soon. Laughing I have trust in SIN that he will make everything all pretty with his magic mix-fu.
Germany Baghira
Ensign
Ensign

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take a short view through the digital window, you can see me doing a recording:

https://imgshare.io/image/p3GBMj
Lieutenant

Member#: 25119

Xalira is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Xalira's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We have also uploaded our piano and guitar parts! Very Happy I might join the choir next weekend, too...
Canada SIN55
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work everyone! Everything sounds very nice so far.

Baghira, I tried something with your snare parts. You uploaded 4 takes, and just for fun I played them all at the same time and it sounds awesome! I need to know if you're okay with that or if you would prefer that I only use one take for a more "solo" snare sound.
Germany Baghira
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sure, i've no problem with that. Do what suits best. If i can do more let me know. Smile
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Xalira wrote:
[...] I might join the choir next weekend, too...

Yeah, do it, Xalira! You have a folder now.

Baghira wrote:
If you take a short view through the digital window, you can see me doing a recording [...]

Nice set-up. You look like you're having fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: