StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Plague Orchestra? (Taking suggestions for a name)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Heck yes! I want this mess! (But not to participate.)
Heck yes! I want to be part of this mess!
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
This is dumb and you should feel bad!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I want to see where this goes, and hope people will comment in this thread.
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
I don't care either way, and I'm not even sure why I'm voting in this poll in the first place.
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

DEADLINE!

Regardless of whether or not you want to participate, suggest a song or theme you'd like to play/hear the Plague Orchestra take a crack at next! Get your suggestions in by October 10th, to be included in the new forum post/poll!

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I heard "Hoist the Colours" (third Pirates of the Caribbean album) the other day and thought it would be super interesting with the motley parts we can gather. There's a choral component and I am confident Elmer can also build a nice arrangement for the non-singers. If there are choral arrangers in the crowd who'd be interested in helping, that would be awesome, too. Wink

Elmer likes the idea of something from Back to the Future. Maybe that could be part of a time travel genre medley?

Sounds like we've nearly got the strings down, so once those are settled, the final mix shouldn't take too long.
Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all!

I wanted to throw in a couple of suggestions for your consideration:

1. A medley of Back To The Future themes like Marty's Letter and the main theme melody. http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B002YQHGBE

2. Married Life from up, I think would be great to do. Smile http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B002A4ZN1A

607, I'm going to try and find a pic you can use. Wink
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoist the Colours would be cool. But i am also fine with anything else. Dont have actually an idea by myself Confused
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5698

Locutus76 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Locutus76's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Building The Crate from Chicken Run
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the suggestions made earlier will be included too?

I will not participate in a second project if the first project doesn't get some final release, regardless of whether it's audio only (I could still upload it to YouTube), or an edited video. If the final persons standing out don't respond, maybe SIN can just finish the mix without them?
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

607 wrote:
I assume the suggestions made earlier will be included too?

Yes. I'm rounding them up and will pop them into a new poll along with the new thread.

607 wrote:
I will not participate in a second project if the first project doesn't get some final release, regardless of whether it's audio only (I could still upload it to YouTube), or an edited video. If the final persons standing out don't respond, maybe SIN can just finish the mix without them?

Fair. We're not going to start the new project until the first has completed, but we can start the preliminary planning for the next. I'll let SIN speak for himself about the rest.
Canada SIN55
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 21816

SIN55 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View SIN55's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh* I'm sorry it's taking so long guys.

Since Nessy and Seg kind of dropped out of this one, Viola is taking on those parts as well, which means she had to rent a cello and re-learn how to play it. We'll try to record this weekend and after that it will be pretty much final.

I haven't had anything to do in months with the mix so it kind of slipped out of my mind for the entire summer.

Hopefully we'll all keep to a tighter deadline for future projects.
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SIN55 wrote:
*Sigh* I'm sorry it's taking so long guys.

Since Nessy and Seg kind of dropped out of this one, Viola is taking on those parts as well, which means she had to rent a cello and re-learn how to play it. We'll try to record this weekend and after that it will be pretty much final.

I haven't had anything to do in months with the mix so it kind of slipped out of my mind for the entire summer.

Hopefully we'll all keep to a tighter deadline for future projects.

It's fine, I just wanted to point it out, as I don't like to have a lot of almost finished projects lying around. Smile Get it out there so you can look back on it with (less or more) satisfaction!
Canada ViolaLover
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12106

ViolaLover is offline View user's profile Send private message View ViolaLover's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooouuuuuf sorry guys! I've been dragging my feet on the cello part because I'm not satisfied with my level of playing, but thanks to SIN's wizarding mixing ways we've got something to work with! Then the violin part took us all of 10 mins. But it's really nearing completion and I'm so happy and proud to have been a part of it! Super excited to see what else this beautiful community will come up with!

I'm just here to let you all know I'm alive and to suggest anything from HTTYD.

Also, I love you all.
Ensign

Member#: 49361

Pez5069 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Pez5069's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Viola Thanks for your efforts to do the cello part. It's just great! Not everyone would have made so much effort.

I could well imagine a medley (don't forget the pirates and Harry Potter) but I'm fine with everything.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@ViolaL

Glad to hear you are alive Wink and yay for SIN the wizard

I'm wondering if we for the next one we should do something with more emphasis on vocals (whether words or not) just because then some of the instrument people can double-up on voice as well (hopefully) and if we lose 3 voices out of a group of 8 or 10 it won't matter as much as losing our one-and-only InstrumentX
But as a reluctant vocalist myself, I'm not sure how others would feel about that.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Viola-

It will sound good! I'm glad you and SIN are part of the project and that you're still game. Can you think of a more specific piece from HtTYD? It's cool if not. We can discuss that in the new thread, should it be voted in!

Pez-

Haha, another for Team Medley? This poll might become complicated. Maybe I'll make one in Google Forms (or somewhere else if anyone has a better idea?).

Drag-

That's a really interesting idea. I definitely won't be doubling as a singer, but if the part's easy enough I could double on trombone or whatever else I can get my hands on that has trumpet fingering.
Canada ViolaLover
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12106

ViolaLover is offline View user's profile Send private message View ViolaLover's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert, well everyone loves Test Drive, but I don't know if that will work given how much of a full orchestra sound that track uses. Romantic Flight is also good (but I'm super biased, bc we used that track at our wedding).

I know SIN will be for anything from the FF world. I am open to any and all suggestions! (Well OK, no, it will be a hearty "no thanks" from me if we end up going with Dewy or anything that only consists of ch-ch-ch-ka-ka-ka). Very Happy
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolaLover wrote:
I am open to any and all suggestions! (Well OK, no, it will be a hearty "no thanks" from me if we end up going with Dewy or anything that only consists of ch-ch-ch-ka-ka-ka). Very Happy

So you're happy doing Countwy Woad? Very Happy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Vi- makes sense. I'll go for general HtTYD and we can hammer out the specifics later, if chosen.

Drag- I think Countwy Woad could be kind of awesome if arranged right. Bonus in-joke!

In other news, LIFE has stopped by Gert Acres, so I'll be getting that new post/poll up this week sometime. It's in draft state atm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: