StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Plague Orchestra? (Taking suggestions for a name)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Heck yes! I want this mess! (But not to participate.)
Heck yes! I want to be part of this mess!
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
This is dumb and you should feel bad!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I want to see where this goes, and hope people will comment in this thread.
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
I don't care either way, and I'm not even sure why I'm voting in this poll in the first place.
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think everything I need is in the forum. What does everyone say to Inner Light and I just go by the instruments here?
Ensign

Member#: 49361

Pez5069 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Pez5069's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is great! I played the accordion times ago , but no practice since years. But an easy piece of music I guess I can do.
Italy Xalira
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 25119

Xalira is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Xalira's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my husband and I could also take part to this. Our flat may be tiny but we've got a digital piano and an electric guitar, plus I can sing and he can do electronic stuff on his computer Razz
Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Pez and Xalira! The more the merrier!

Just a note, if you can't read music, I'd do my best to make it as easy as possible for you to play along. Let me know if that is the case. Smile
Ensign

Member#: 49361

Pez5069 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Pez5069's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I played in an orchestra, reading the music should not be a problem.
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i've a drumset, but only learned playing single marching drum. So i could help a bit with the rythm, but it would take some time for me if i have to play more than one drum at once^^
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

elmer856 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Gert and I were chatting and I'd be willing to orchestrate and arrange something simple that everyone could play as a test run or just a let's-just-go-for-it run. Cantus, I would welcome your help with the vocalist in the room.

If that sounds good to everyone, I would need a song title and list of instruments and we can see where this leads. Smile

elmer856 wrote:
Actually, I think everything I need is in the forum. What does everyone say to Inner Light and I just go by the instruments here?

Yay! Maybe we can get Conductor in on this too if they're still interested. Could maybe do a variety of instrumental, vocal, and mixed arrangements. I really like the idea of just charging headlong into a test run with Inner Light.

If needed, we can start a Google Doc to gather interest in a little more of an organized fashion.

- - - - - - - - -

Technical question!

I am lost in the mire of the microphone world, and here is some of the information I've found:
- Apparently you need to compress your sound if you play a loud wind instrument.
- But if your instrument is upright the microphone should be on a boom or stand a couple feet above the instrument or clipped on.
- However, big upright brass can be mic'd the same way as a cello or upright bass.

...Some of this seems like it conflicts. Honestly, I'm probably just gonna order a super cheap stalk mic, as I suspect my laptop's isn't up to the task.
Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:
elmer856 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Gert and I were chatting and I'd be willing to orchestrate and arrange something simple that everyone could play as a test run or just a let's-just-go-for-it run. Cantus, I would welcome your help with the vocalist in the room.

If that sounds good to everyone, I would need a song title and list of instruments and we can see where this leads. Smile

elmer856 wrote:

Yay! Maybe we can get Conductor in on this too if they're still interested. Could maybe do a variety of instrumental, vocal, and mixed arrangements. I really like the idea of just charging headlong into a test run with Inner Light.

If needed, we can start a Google Doc to gather interest in a little more of an organized fashion.

- - - - - - - - -

Technical question!

I am lost in the mire of the microphone world, and here is some of the information I've found:
- Apparently you need to compress your sound if you play a loud wind instrument.
- But if your instrument is upright the microphone should be on a boom or stand a couple feet above the instrument or clipped on.
- However, big upright brass can be mic'd the same way as a cello or upright bass.

...Some of this seems like it conflicts. Honestly, I'm probably just gonna order a super cheap stalk mic, as I suspect my laptop's isn't up to the task.
Okay, so I’m close to having a completed arrangement to do a test run!

I’ll create a google drive we can share and have parts and audio tracks you can play along with in desperate folders with your names and instrument.

When recording, do the best you can to get a clean strong sound, compression, along with other massaging techniques, can be done in the mixing phase to improve the sound quality of the recording. I have experience with mixing, but if someone else wants to take that part on, by all means.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

elmer856 wrote:
in desperate folders with your names and instrument.

Laughing That seems to fit the plague theme
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

-laugh- Exactly, Dragonel!
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
Laughing That seems to fit the plague theme

You're hired for the PR position. I'm afraid we can only pay you in internet cookies.

elmer856 wrote:
I have experience with mixing, but if someone else wants to take that part on, by all means.

Nice. *turns to camera* If you are reading this and are even mildly interested, have experience in mixing, and are prepared to spend precious quarantine time in a crazy unpaid venture, leave a post!

Last edited by Gert on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oglala Istagi
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring my hand drum to the party
Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did pick up accordion since my previous post, but I'm sure Pez is better. Razz If it fits the track at all! The piano sounds pretty doable, though. Smile I have a professional microphone.
Canada elmer856
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Istagi wrote:
I can bring my hand drum to the party

Please do, Istagi!

There is still room for others should you want in. I'm basically doing the arrangement to suit our rag-tag group. Wink
Lieutenant

Member#: 24779

segellion is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View segellion's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do a violin I think. Well it was described as "torture" in the thread above. So that's something I could sign up for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: