StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Plague Orchestra? (Taking suggestions for a name)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Heck yes! I want this mess! (But not to participate.)
Heck yes! I want to be part of this mess!
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
This is dumb and you should feel bad!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I want to see where this goes, and hope people will comment in this thread.
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
I don't care either way, and I'm not even sure why I'm voting in this poll in the first place.
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Germany Baghira
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

woah i really should watch the forum more frequently.... Will take a look into the folder over the weekend or on monday. and will post a photo of me lying on my treebranch, or playing the drums. we will see
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

607 wrote:
Maybe we can finish up the project this summer?

Laughing 607, I've been trying to politely round up the last few people for a couple of months. Looks like we're missing cello, violin, hand drum, and possibly two vocalists who expressed interest. I was hoping we'd get done by the end of June, but "summer" seems to be more realistic. The next project will have harder deadlines, now that we know more about what we're doing.

The mix is nice on the first couple listens, but I'll have more things to say after I have the chance to set it on loop for a while.

And as always, thanks to everyone who contributed such great performances and other efforts to help make this idea work. Very Happy
Germany Baghira
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 45913

Baghira is offline View user's profile Send private message View Baghira's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The soundfile of the progress so far sounds cool. Like it! Curious to hear the final result. So @the ones who still havent commited their recordings, please do it. It's such a cool thing!

For the video I have uploaded an image (placeholder) of my SST-me.
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all!
Just wanted to thank everyone who contributed, supported or watched from afar. It's been a blast and I hope you all had fun!
As the time nears the end for the current project, it's time to look to the future and time for your suggestions for the next track!
Suggest what you like and something that would be well suited for the orchestra and once we have a list of contenders we'll refine it and do a poll. Anyone can make a suggestion and new players and instruments are always welcome! Smile
Ensign

Member#: 21816

SIN55 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View SIN55's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This will maybe sound like an odd suggestion coming from me, but I think there's something that could be done with the soundtrack of "Amélie".

Check out each version of "La Valse d'Amélie" on the album. There's an accordion version, a piano version, a string quartet version, and an orchestra version. We would just need to make some sort of hybrid from all of them. There's room to play around.

Otherwise I'm always down for something from Final Fantasy Wink
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

In line with SIN's suggestion of the different versions of Amelie, how about Shen Fa from http://www.streamingsoundtracks.com/modules.php?name=Album&asin=B000058ABB

There are at least four versions to show different arrangements/instruments and it is a recognizable tune without being one of the "classics" that everyone expects to be played the same way every time.
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

elmer856 wrote:
Hey all!
Just wanted to thank everyone who contributed, supported or watched from afar. It's been a blast and I hope you all had fun!
As the time nears the end for the current project, it's time to look to the future and time for your suggestions for the next track!
Suggest what you like and something that would be well suited for the orchestra and once we have a list of contenders we'll refine it and do a poll. Anyone can make a suggestion and new players and instruments are always welcome! Smile

Yeah, what that guy said!

A lot of the contributors to this project who hadn't performed in a while were worried about not sounding good, yet here we have this really neat product where everyone's contribution makes the whole thing work. Good arranging and mixing helps, too. Smile

As for ideas for the next piece... gonna have to think about it a little more. Most of my very favorites are from anime and video games, which I know isn't everyone's bag.

SIN55 wrote:
Check out each version of "La Valse d'Amélie" on the album.

I know of this film, but have never seen it. The melody of that piece is a little familiar, though. Fortunately, we have an accordionist in the wings. Wink

Dragonel wrote:
[...] how about Shen Fa [...]

Not familiar with that one. I sought out and listened to a few versions, and it's alright. I'll do it if it's voted in!
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if you want something that everyone knows and is more uptempo, how about the Mission: Impossible theme? That has also been redone in so many ways by now that there would be plenty of scope for orchestrating it to accommodate voices and any instruments people wanted to include

Lieutenant

Member#: 46975

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of the suggestions. I think Misson: Impossible might be a bit too cliché. La valse d'Amélie is not (Comptine d'un autre été: l'après-midi would be Razz). I didn't know Shen Fa, but it actually sounds quite suitable to me.
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

607 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View 607's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still missing about 10 performer pictures. Smile Have the standing out performers been contacted?
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
[...] how about the Mission: Impossible theme?

This may fit with an idea I had. If there are multiple themes we like over a genre, we could combine them in an arrangement. It might be hard to keep it shorter in length, but if enough people contributed, it may not be such an issue. Listeners might enjoy trying to identify each theme that comes up.

Anyway, a spy movie theme could be fun. Trains are kind of our thing here, yeah?

607 wrote:
I'm still missing about 10 performer pictures. Very Happy Have the standing out performers been contacted?

I'd just as soon use Red XIII, but not sure of the legality for this purpose. I'll have brainpower to devote to this when my final grades are submitted this week.

Re: outstanding parts: they have been contacted several times and some have responded definitively. Those who have not, we must assume are no longer interested in this round, and SIN will finish the mix after Viola completes the string section. Though it would be nice to know what's going on for sure, they're quite welcome to commit to the next project if they like!
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gert wrote:

I'd just as soon use Red XIII, but not sure of the legality for this purpose. I'll have brainpower to devote to this when my final grades are submitted this week.

It's no problem as far as I'm concerned. For the people who don't have a photo including their instrument (which is everyone except me so far?) I will edit some picture of the instrument in so you can see roughly who's playing what.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

607 wrote:
Gert wrote:

It's no problem as far as I'm concerned. For the people who don't have a photo including their instrument (which is everyone except me so far?) I will edit some picture of the instrument in so you can see roughly who's playing what.

Sounds good. Can't wait to see what photo you edit in for us Vocal parts Wink
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonel wrote:
Sounds good. Can't wait to see what photo you edit in for us Vocal parts Wink

I gotchu.

Spoiler:
Nah, you guys sound great!
Netherlands 607
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I still have only four pictures, so I haven't started editing yet... I mean, it's impossible to edit a video if there is no footage to edit. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: