StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Third Annual SST Royal Rumble
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Playground
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:02 pm   Post subject: Third Annual SST Royal Rumble Reply with quote

Official press release from SSTWF Chairman Vinnie Maxwell:

SST Fans....

Our third annual Royal Rumble event is just around the corner. More specifically, this Saturday at 4:00 pm eastern United States time.

Coinciding with World Wrestling Entertainment's annual event of the same name, this interactive pro wrestling forum game will determine which of our beloved film music composers has the strength, the smarts and the skills to outlast all other participants to become the new Royal Rumble champion.

The rules are virtually identical to an actual Rumble match.

Two composers will begin the match. Approximately every four to six hours (real time), a new composer will enter the fray. Order of appearance is random. Each composer will try to eliminate his opponents by throwing them over the top rope out of the ring.

The last composer remaining after all have entered will be crowned the 2012 Royal Rumble champion and will be awarded a golden trophy.

Here's how to play.

Any SST member at any time can vote for a composer. (Only one at a time.) When a composer's vote count reaches ten, he will be eliminated from the match. Votes stay with a composer until they are eliminated.

After placing a vote, the SST member must wait a period of four hours before voting again. This will give other people a chance to get in on the action.

An SST member can vote for the same composer more than once but no more than five times throughout the game. This prevents single-handed eliminations.

NEW!!! In addition to voting, SST members can advance the story taking place in the ring. For example, in someone's vote post, he/she can write that John Williams applies a headlock to Danny Elfman. The next voter can have Danny Elfman break the hold or wind up in an even worse situation. (This rule is optional. Not required.)

The match events will be covered by commentators Johnny_Cage and Joe Hisaishi.

This year's Rumble is shaping up to be our biggest and most exciting one yet. Here are some of the reasons why.

- Seventy composers will be participating. More than we've ever had before!

- The "Wild Card" will be returning. Fans can select their own favorite composers to enter the Rumble. Stay tuned for more information on that.

- Two mystery composers have signed on. They won't be revealed until it's time for them to enter the match.

- The enhanced interactive play will add more fun and creativity to the action.

- Surprise twists. You never know what might happen next.

Additional details and announcements will be made in the days leading up to the Rumble.

The event is scheduled to begin this Saturday, January 7th, 4:00 pm eastern United States time. Everyone is invited to participate. Spread the word! We look forward to seeing you at the SST Arena this Saturday!
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."

Last edited by Johnny_Cage on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed list of Royal Rumble participants: (alphabetical order)

- David Arnold
- Klaus Badelt
- John Barry
- Tyler Bates
- Marco Beltrami
- Elmer Bernstein
- Bruce Broughton
- Carter Burwell
- John Carpenter
- Bill Conti
- Aaron Copland
- Jeff Danna
- Mychael Danna
- John Debney
- Alexandre Desplat
- Patrick Doyle
- Randy Edelman
- Danny Elfman
- Ilan Eshkeri
- Brad Fiedel
- Michael Giacchino
- Elliot Goldenthal
- Harry Gregson-Williams
- Bernard Herrmann
- David Hirschfelder
- James Horner
- James Newton Howard
- Henry Jackman
- Trevor Jones
- Jan A.P. Kaczmarek
- Michael Kamen
- Erich Wolfgang Korngold
- Joseph LoDuca
- Henry Mancini
- Bear McCreary
- Joel McNeely
- Alan Menken
- Giorgio Moroder
- Ennio Morricone
- John Morris
- David Newman
- Randy Newman
- Thomas Newman
- Alex North
- Basil Poledouris
- Rachel Portman
- John Powell
- Trevor Rabin
- Graeme Revell
- Miklos Rosza
- Lalo Schifrin
- Eric Serra
- Howard Shore
- Alan Silvestri
- Mark Snow
- Jeremy Soule
- Max Steiner
- Dimitri Tiomkin
- Brian Tyler
- Nobuo Uematsu
- John Williams
- Christopher Young
- Hans Zimmer

Mystery Entrants:

- ?????
- ?????

Wild Card Entrants:

- ?????
- ?????
- ?????
- ?????
- ?????
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is online now View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear from our SST Royal Rumble Host again! *applause for Johnny*

I vote for David Hirschfelder!!! Or did I break time limit rules again?
I hope my mathematics will work better this year than it was in 2011 Wink

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Molossus jumps the gun, storming into the ring to deliver a body blow to Hischfelder, only to discover that the building is empty. The janitor sweeping up after the last act looks quizzically at Molossus, who sheepishly leaves the arena.

Can't wait!
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

From the desk of Jerry Goldsmith

Greetings, SST fans. This is Jerry Goldsmith.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes last February during the fallout of last year's Royal Rumble. As you know, immediately after I won the trophy, a poor disgrace of a human being by the name of Joe Hisaishi saw fit to jump me from behind and attempt to put me on the disabled list permanently. It was an unprovoked attack and one that deserves massive karma. It was a disappointing ending to an otherwise thrilling night. I'm honored and humbled to be your current champion. And again I'd like to thank all you great fans for the support.

I also would like to thank Harry Gregson-Williams for being a class act. He was the first person to rush to my aid during Joe's attack. And he was the first person to check on my condition after being released from the hospital the next morning.

If Joe was trying to permanently injure me, he failed. I'm pleased to say that all injuries were minor and I'm just as good in shape now as I was the night of the Rumble. That's what a strong heart and support system will do for a man. I can only hope that Joe can learn how to have one of his own someday.

Now on to some urgent business. Since Joe opted not to return for the second Royal Rumble, that means that the title that was once his is now mine. And since Joe is obviously a man who never settles for second best or even co-existence. I have a proposition that should interest him.

It's been brought to my attention that all past Rumble winners have a lifetime invitation to return to any future Rumbles that they please. I feel like there is nothing left for me to prove. One title is enough and it would do my heart good to see a young prodigy make a name for himself by winning a competition like this. Defending a title like this is less important to me than helping the film music community in general.

However, I am willing to step back in the ring this year and defend my title under one condition. Joe Hisaishi must do the same.

Joe, your actions of late have made you look like a coward. Prove me and the rest of the world wrong by volunteering to enter the number one spot in this year's Royal Rumble. If you do that, I'll be happy to enter at number two. The odds of us winning another title are slim to none, but irrelevant. By starting the match, we will have at least two minutes all to ourselves. If staying on top of the world is so important to you, here's your chance to do just that. Outlast me in the Rumble and I'll concede that you're the better man. We can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt who should be recognized as the top composer of the world.

You drew first blood, Joe. So the choice is yours. Fight or flight.

USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

From the desk of Joe Hisaishi

Jerry, I'm amazed you were able to type all of that with three broken fingers but that's all the credit I'm giving to you.

First of all, I have nothing to prove to you or anybody else. You may be one of the most popular composers that ever worked in the United States but I am the most beloved composer in the entire world. There is no dispute there. My awards and trophies speak for themselves. And speaking of trophies, it gave me such great pleasure to smash that cheap thing over your head that night. I was actually doing you a favor. There is no creativity in that brain of yours so I tried giving it a little jump start. It obviously didn't work because you're still as dumb as ever.

Second, let me make this perfectly clear. There is absolutely no chance of us ever meeting in the ring again because again there is nothing to prove. I have a perfect Royal Rumble record. You already have a number in the loss column. And need I remind what's left of your brain who eliminated you from that first Rumble? Oh yeah, it was me. The guy who is supposedly your equal.

We're not equals, Jerry. And we never have been. Until a day comes when you eliminate me from a Rumble match, you will forever remain second best. And that day will never come because nothing in my contract requires me to return for any future Rumbles. I'm staying retired and undefeated and there's nothing you can do about it.

Go back to the hole you live in, Jerry. You're even more pathetic than I originally thought.

USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

From the desk of SSTWF chairman Vinnie Maxwell

It's been brought to my attention that Jerry Goldsmith and Joe Hisaishi have been having a war of words recently in cyberspace. I have received many e-mails from SST fans wondering what actions I'll be taking to settle the conflict.

It is not my position as SSTWF chairman to settle any personal conflicts between Rumble participants. My job is to merely book venues for shows, sign sponsorship deals and organize event cards. Any outside trouble stays outside. If Mister Goldsmith wishes to settle a score, it has to be done on his own time, not the company's time.

However, Joe Hisaishi is only partly correct when he stated that there is nothing in his contract that will force him to participate in another Rumble event. I do not personally have any power to summon his presence. But the fans do.

Mister Hisaishi failed to take into account that the Wild Card voting has yet to take place. If he and Jerry Goldsmith receive enough fan votes, it's very possible that the two of them will encounter each other in the squared circle again.

Details regarding the Wild Card system will be released shortly. I have no further comments at this time.

USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wild Card

Back by popular demand, the Wild Card allows SSTWF fans to select their own favorite composers to have a chance to compete in the seventy-man gauntlet. This system is designed for enhanced fan interactivity and an opportunity for underdogs to make a name for themselves through this proving ground of sorts.

To participate in the Wild Card voting, simply fill out the included ballot with names of composers not yet announced for the event. Send the completed document in a private message to SST member Johnny_Cage. The results will be forwarded to SSTWF chairman Vinnie Maxwell. The top five composers that receive the most votes will be given a spot in the Rumble.

Deadline for submissions is Saturday January 7th, 12:01 am eastern United States time. Results will be announced during the Royal Rumble pre-show airing later that same day.

Wild Card:

Composer #1: __________________________

Composer #2: __________________________

Composer #3: __________________________

Composer #4: __________________________

Composer #5: __________________________
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the rumble is on again! Thanks for this, Johnny. Cool
I've sent my suggestions for the wild card
Lieutenant

Member#: 27818

elmer856 is offline View user's profile Send private message View elmer856's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright!!!! I'm ready!!!
Commodore

Member#: 25449

tinkerbelle is offline View user's profile Send private message View tinkerbelle's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks for all the effort you put into that, Johnny!

You got my wild card suggestions .... Smile
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Backstage*

Johnny_Cage: Hello, SST Universe! I'm Johnny Cage. We're less than eighteen hours away from the Royal Rumble broadcast and things are already heating up here backstage. I've been trying to get a comment from Joe Hisaishi regarding his thoughts on Mister Maxwell's ruling but he has refused my request for an interview. It's safe to say he's probably not too happy about it. But I am joined right now by a pair of individuals that a lot of people will probably be surprised to see standing side by side. David and Thomas Newman. The two brothers whose feud exploded into violence two years ago are both here and...well...let's find out what's going on. David, can you explain what's happening? Have the two of you reconciled?

David Newman: In a word, yes. Thomas and I had a lot of time to talk over the holiday break and we both agreed that the fights we had been through over the past few years have amounted to nothing. We had some disagreements and some tempers were lost, especially mine. But he's still my brother, I love him, and I wish him the best of luck in the Rumble tomorrow.

Johnny Cage: This is very surprising news but I must say I'm thrilled to hear it. Thomas, were you the one who reached out to David or did he call you first?

Thomas Newman: Well, it's a little funny. I was watching Jingle All The Way on television over the Thanksgiving weekend. And in the middle of watching it, I noticed how wonderful the music score was and looked up to see who wrote it. And it was David. I had totally forgotten about that. So I left David an answering machine message to pay him a compliment. He called me back the next morning. He thanked me. And then we just started talking about all sorts of things. It was the longest conversation we've had in years.

Johnny Cage: So you're both back on the same page now? The feud is over?

David Newman: Over and done with. Like I said before, I love my brother. There's no stronger bond than family bonding and I thanked Thomas for reminding me of that.

Thomas Newman: We will both be a part of the Rumble tomorrow. But if we end up fighting again, it'll be in the spirit of competition and nothing more. Best of luck to you, David.

David Newman: You too.

Johnny Cage: Thanks gentlemen, I wish you both the best of luck too. Well, you've heard it here first, folks. Thomas and David Newman have settled their difference. I'm so happy to see an ending like this. We'll be back with more interviews. A reminder that Wild Card ballots are due at midnight tonight. So there's still time to get yours in if you haven't done so yet.
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Backstage*

Johnny_Cage: Back here now in the locker room of Alexandre Desplat. It's a...a very dark locker room. I can't even see anything. Jason, can you turn on the flashlight? I don't know why Alexandre insists on keeping the lights off. It's kinda....oh there you are, Alexandre. Quite an unusual condition for a locker room. Alexandre, last year you finished in second place. Have there been any shakeups to your personal strategy? Are you going to try any new approaches or just stick with the same plan and hope for the best?

Alexandre Desplat:............

Johnny_Cage: The loss must have been terribly disappointing. Can you share what was going through your mind as you fell out of the ring?

Alexandre Desplat:.............

Johnny_Cage: Your face seems a bit pale. Are you in good health?

Alexandre Desplat:............

Johnny_Cage: Witnesses have noticed you spending a lot of time with Howard Shore and Carter Burwell as of late. What sparked this friendship?

Alexandre Desplat:..............

Johnny_Cage: Any comments at all?

Alexandre Desplat:.................

Johnny_Cage: Okay, uh...nice talking with you. Good luck in the Rumble tomorrow. Let's get out of here. This room is giving me the creeps.

*Camera pans out to see Howard Shore and Carter Burwell hidden in the corner shadows hanging upside down*

USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*backstage*

Johnny_Cage: We're now in the locker room of the legendary Max Steiner. I see you've got a guest there with you. Who might that be? Oh my goodness! It's Erich Wolfgang Korngold! A newcomer to the SSTWF. Welcome, Erich. Max, you and Erich have a lot of history together. Do you fear that the stiff competition could jeopardize that? We saw how ugly things became with the Newman brothers.

Max Steiner: Erich is like a brother to me. We go way back. We spent many hours writing scores together, playing pranks on each other and competing in just about everything there is to compete in. The Royal Rumble is just another chapter in our never-ending battle for superiority. It'll be fun and it's always been fun. Nothing can change that.

Johnny_Cage: Erich, are you excited to be a part of the SSTWF?

Erich Korngold: I admit I don't know too much about this wrestling thing. But when I saw how much fun Max was having last year, I knew I couldn't let him have all the fun to himself anymore. Max sort of gave me a wrestling crash course last night. But I feel ready and confident as I've ever been. I'm looking forward to showing the world what I'm capable of.

Max Steiner: You won't have a chance if I get in the ring first.

Erich Korngold: I'll make you a bet right now, Max. I took a peek at your Rumble entry number and noticed it's higher than mine. Show me how confident you are. Beat me in an arm wrestling match right now and you can keep your number. But if I win, we trade them.

Max Steiner: I never back down from a challenge. You know that. Go get the table.

Johnny_Cage: Unfortunately, we can't stay and watch. We're almost out of air time tonight. But we'll find out the result tomorrow. Good luck, fellas. Don't hurt each other too badly before the big show tomorrow.

Max Steiner: Oh we will.

Erich Korngold: Most definitely.
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild Card results:

1. Joe Hisaishi (2)
2. Jerry Goldsmith (1)
3. Shirley Walker (1)
4. Andrea Morricone (1)
5. Michel Legrand (1)

*fireworks and pyrotechnics explode all across the SST arena. The fans are standing and screaming.*

Johnny_Cage: Seventy men enter! One man leaves! No, it's not another Mad Max sequel. It's the third annual SST Royal Rumble. Hello everyone, I'm Johnny Cage sitting at ringside. The music world is buzzing with the news that last year's winner Jerry Goldsmith will be returning to defend his Rumble title tonight. And not only that, we have confirmed news that Joe Hisaishi has accepted the challenge and will be the first man to encounter Goldsmith inside that squared circle. It's a gutsy move on both sides because it requires them to be the very first entrants into the Rumble match, which gives them the biggest disadvantage in the hopes of winning everything tonight. But something tells me it's not about titles tonight. It's about a personal vendetta. The combined pride of Goldsmith and Hisaishi is too big for this building to handle. The place might explode before anything happens. I hope it does. Seventy composers are a part of this year's Rumble. The most ever seen before. To borrow a phrase from a Hall of Famer, we have the makings of a glorified slobberknocker on our hands. Also announced earlier tonight was the results of our wild card voting. We already know about Goldsmith and Hisaishi. The fans are eager to see them go at it again tonight. But we also learned that Shirley Walker, Michel Legrand and Andrea Morricone will be a part of the action as well. You know Andrea's father Ennio is happy to see his son here tonight. But will they have a chance to work as a cohesive unit? We also have two mystery composers participating tonight. Who are they? I don't know. We'll find out together. The music has stopped. It looks like we're about ready to get started. For those wondering, since Joe Hisaishi will be wrestling tonight, it looks like I'll be calling the action alone. I hope my voice holds up. It's going to be an exciting night.

Johnny_Cage: Wait just a minute! Is that who I think it is? It is! It's WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler! What is the King doing here tonight? It looks like he's coming toward ringside. Oh please let it be that he's commentating the match with me tonight! Please let it be! King! Over here, King! Have a seat! King, I am so happy to see you. You have no idea how much I was not looking forward to doing another show with Joe Hisaishi. Or by myself for that matter. How're you doing?

Jerry Lawler: It's always great to be present at a big wrestling event like this. When Mister Maxwell gave me that phone call, I couldn't resist the chance to be a part of this. What a crowd we have tonight. What a terrific royal welcome for the King!

Cage: Are you ready to go?

Lawler: I'm ready!

Cage: So glad to have you here!

Lawler: I gotta admit. These folks are all strangers to me. You may have to fill me in on some of their backgrounds.

Cage: It'll be my pleasure, King. You'll be in the company of some of the best film music composers the world has ever seen. Let's go to our ring announcer Micheal Buffer!

Lawler: Wasn't that the same speech he used last year?

Cage: He doesn't watch much wrestling so he just kinda phones it in. Still a hell of a voice though.

Michael Buffer: Introducing the composer who volunteered to enter at number one. Hailing from Japan. Known for his work on Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle and Departures. He's the holder of a Japanese purple ribbon Medal of Honour. Please welcome the former SST Royal Rumble champion.......... Joe Hisaishi!

Michael Buffer: And introducing the composer who volunteered to enter at number two. Hailing from Los Angeles, California. Nominated for seventeen Academy Awards. Known for scoring Planet of the Apes, Patton, Gremlins, First Blood and countless others. He is the reigning SST Royal Rumble champion. Please welcome.........Jerry Goldsmith!

Johnny_Cage: Goldsmith enters through the ropes. Hisaishi is already there waiting for him in the center of the ring. He slowly approaches him. We've got a staredown! Listen to the crowd. They have been anticipating this for a long time. Listen to the chants.

Crowd A: Je-rry Gold-smith!

Crowd B: Let's go Joe!

Lawler: You can cut this tension with a knife.

Cage: The bell has rung! The Royal Rumble is underway!

- Joe Hisaishi (0)
- Jerry Goldsmith (0)

Last edited by Johnny_Cage on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Playground All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: