StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Cry Baby by Various | Jazz, Rock, Funk / Soul, Stag (1990)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add it?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
No
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Maybe
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Germany Malo-SK VIP (subscribed member)
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 49990

Malo-SK is offline View user's profile Send private message View Malo-SK's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:47 am   Post subject: Add: Cry Baby by Various | Jazz, Rock, Funk / Soul, Stag (1990) Reply with quote

Cry Baby - Various

Buy at Amazon

Also, buy at https://www.discogs.com/de/Various-Cry-Baby-Music-From-The-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/master/102556

Track List:

James Intveld - King Cry-Baby
Baldwin And The Whiffles - Sh Boom
James Intveld - Doin' Time For Bein' Young
Rachel Sweet - A Teenage Prayer
Rachel Sweet - Please, Mr. Jailer
The Honey Sisters - Cry-Baby
James Intveld - Teardrops Are Falling
Bull Moose Jackson - Nosey Joe
Baldwin And The Whiffles And Rachel Sweet - Mister Sandman
James Intveld - High School Hellcats 4:05
The Jive Bombers - Bad Boy
Shirley And Lee - The Flirt
The Students - I'm So Young
Nappy Brown - (My Heart Goes) Piddily Patter, Patter
Little Esther - I'm A Bad, Bad Girl
Earl Bostic - Jungle Drums
The Jive Bombers - Cherry
The Chips - Rubber Biscuit

Jazz, Rock, Funk / Soul, Stag

Wiki: Wiki Page

Samples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nzc3Rezt3w&t=25s

Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Malo-SK is offline View user's profile Send private message View Malo-SK's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*remind post*
UK Dragonel VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

aw

Member#: 21881

Dragonel is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dragonel's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like it is all pop-songs, rather than tracks specifically written for the movie and the wiki page given even describes it as "A garish pop musical" (English translation) so I voted no.
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I understand, but then I can't understand why there are so many pop songs here at SST, see Phill Collins for example. Wink
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When we get an album with a score and on top of that it includes one or two vocal songs (even by famous rock/pop stars) then often the whole album is added to the library (especially when the songs were composed for the movie or series or game). But we don’t do it the other way around usually. If album includes many pop songs and just one or two score cues, the pop songs usually don’t get added.

However the rules seem to be a bit blurry (they are more like guidelines I guess) and you can find a handful of exceptions in the library.

General rule is: music needs JERIC’s (Proprietor’s) approval to be heard on SST.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

alright thanks!
"Let's say the biggest mess in the whole world is lightning - then being tied to you is like standing on top of a mountain in wet copper armor during a severe thunderstorm and shouting, "All the gods are complete idiots!"
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why things like Breakfast Club have like 4 tracks. If I recall correctly, another "guideline" for a pop track is whether or not the song is highly associated with the movie. Like Don't You Forget About Me - you immediately think of Breakfast Club. Miami Vice does not include In the Air Tonight - you don't necessarily associate that song with the TV show. I had to make an argument and show why a track from Bed of Roses needed to be added. Hope that helps.
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for the help thuringwethil.
I can really describe it that way.
The songs King Cry Baby and Please, Mr. Jailer and Teardrops Are Falling are not really known per se and only made known through the film. These and many other songs are very connected to the film and anyone who has seen Cry Baby can (hopefully) confirm this.
"Let's say the biggest mess in the whole world is lightning - then being tied to you is like standing on top of a mountain in wet copper armor during a severe thunderstorm and shouting, "All the gods are complete idiots!"
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Malo-SK wrote:
many thanks for the help thuringwethil.
I can really describe it that way.
The songs King Cry Baby and Please, Mr. Jailer and Teardrops Are Falling are not really known per se and only made known through the film. These and many other songs are very connected to the film and anyone who has seen Cry Baby can (hopefully) confirm this.

You're welcome

For me Cry Baby was so god awful I never want to hear those songs again, but if you really want it - find the songs that were written just for that show and make a good argument. In other words - change my mind Smile
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and unfortunately here is the problem, the soundtrack just consists of these songs. But what exactly defines this film for me Smile
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Malo-SK wrote:
yes and unfortunately here is the problem, the soundtrack just consists of these songs. But what exactly defines this film for me Smile

Given the number of no votes, you are probably fighting a losing battle, but if you wanted to continue to fight - explain why it is so important to you and how the songs make the film.
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I'm already giving up Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: