StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Composing music of your own? Let's get it on the site!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
AccessONE
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 6699

AccessONE is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AccessONE's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:09 pm   Post subject: Composing music of your own? Let's get it on the site! Reply with quote

Hey, sup people?

I myself don't compose very much symphonic music considering that I'm only 17 years old, but all you older veterans out there who enjoy writing music as much as listening to it might find this place to be interesting. It would be nice, maybe, if we could find ways to increase the progress in human ingenuity by allowing some of our stuff to be broadcast, even if it has nothing to do with any movie/video game on the market. Keep the forum alive. Hopefully it will go somewhere.
AccessONE
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 6699

AccessONE is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AccessONE's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's really wierd to send a reply to oneself, but who cares? I'm sending this second reply to designate possible regulations for entering music on the site in case we decide to go through with this.

Any ideas? Please talk; communication is the key to successful progress no matter what concept is being discussed.

And no, I'm not a molly-ass nark who talks like a dork. If you have complaints, that's too damn bad, go to class and acquire a vocabulary that will get you far in life.
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

erm.....

wow :-)
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing LMAO!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 3:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, interesting idea - particularly bold words from you Access seeing as though you've only joined today. Might have been worth your while getting to know the site and community a bit better first! Wink

Perhaps setting up an area to post links to music would be a good starting point. Remember this is streaming soundtracks - hence music that accompanies some kind of image/game etc. Before donating, Jeric asks that you check with him that the material is right for the site - a similar thing would first have to be necessary if donating our own music. This is, after all, Jeric's site and what he says goes!

Out of interest then, who does compose music out there?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey newbie. We appreciate the idea... but here are a couple suggestions.

First: Go the "Community" part of the forum and read the second edition of the Newbie Faq.

Can't find it? Click Here: Newbie FAQ.

Second: Eh... not sure why you suspect we might think you talk like a dork... You seem to just be using normal grammar. Are you used to hanging out in forums where everyone talks 733t? As for making fun of your vocab, well... I think you meant "thread" instead of "forum" when you said, "Keep the "forum alive." Perhaps you yourself should take that class you recommended.

Either way. You're giving yourself away big time as a guy who just got here. We've also already discussed this idea. As always, if you're a composer who's written something as a soundtrack, you're welcome to send us a copy, and if we all like it and deem it appropriate, me might put it on the playlist.
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ai, he's a bold lad, I reckon! Laughing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: