StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

I think I'll remain a newbie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Wolf99
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 3543

Wolf99 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wolf99's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
Heh, I'm as far as it comes from being a newb and even I avoid analyzing movies at all costs (the soundtrack, the plot, the characters, all of it).

Too many people try to make themselves feel big by analyzing the hell out of movies. We all have that friend who leans over half way through the movie and says, "I know what's going to happen!" It's as if they think they've "won" or something. Hey Einstein, the film isn't "competing" with you. Sit down and shut up.

It's just ridiculous.

Good for friggin' you if you figured out the movie. While you were sitting there analyzing, I was sitting here relaxing, having a good time and enjoying the film.

Movies are made to be experienced and enjoyed. Not analyzed.

If I analyze a film, I do it after I've seen it several times so it doesn't disrupt my enjoyment.

That's why I only lasted in a university film course for two lectures. English courses suck too. I had one goofy music professor who tried to read in all sorts of stuff into acid-wacked Beatles lyrics. They were his gods, and he'll go to hell for idol worshiping. So will Cocles, by the way - go to hell, I mean.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, Casey, I was going to keep quiet and give you the best chance possible for successfully going through with JERIC's deal... but if you're going to start firing shots over my bow then I might as well at least tell people what's going on.

For those of you who don't know Wolf99 aka "Casey" showed up on SST with the announcement:

Hi! My names Wolf99 because I've been banned from 99 other websites! Let's see what it will take for me to be banned here! Smile

Within a few weeks he did indeed get himself suspended from the chat for a week as a warning.

We let him back in and he was quickly banned again (this time by JERIC himself) for crudely harassing one of our female listeners.

Within a few days Casey began PMing me repeatively to let him back in.

JERIC finally agreed that if Casey could reach the rank of Lt. Commander in the forum without causing any controversy we would let him back into the chat.

Since then he's posted that the best SST user is someone who says whatever he wants whenever he wants, in Altoid's "What makes a good SSTer" thread.

He's ignored the way "the question thread" works, by answering seemingly random questions.

And now my favorite...

Here I am messaging Cal that "Wow, Casey sure is walking the line for someone who's trying to get back on our good side" only to click on the next post and discover I'm apparently going to hell for idol worship.

LOL.

And I'm not even through with reading all of his posts. Razz
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I wonder what idols he thinks you're worshipping?
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do admittedly worship myself. Cool
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... better that than idol worship, I guess. Smile
Canada Robert_Locksley
Commander
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with you Wolf99 - making a statement like that? Trying to see what's the quickest way to get yourself banned again?
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wolf99 believes that by being banned from the chat he's as low as he can go. What he doesn't realize is we can quite easily still ban him from the forums, the stream, and even the site itself as a whole. Good stuff. Smile
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he's pushing to be transformed into Wolf100. Smile
Wolf99
Ensign
Ensign

Wolf99 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Wolf99's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
I guess he's pushing to be transformed into Wolf100. Smile

I'd call myself Wolf 99.5, but that's too much like an FM radio station.
Anyway, it's just a myth. I never got banned from 99 sites.
I love this site, but you know sometimes it reminds me of that movie where those kids were trapped on that island and someone put a pig's face on a stick.
Well I guess when you own the property, you get to control what people say. Somewhat like fascist Italy. Well, I've always felt closer to the American revolutionaries. "Give me liberty or give me death!"
Wolf99
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 72 more posts to go. Bring it on Cocles! Cal, Cal can go to hell!
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey really loves to bash admins and moderators. So let me get this straight. JERIC banned him from the chat and would let him in if he behaves in the community. In other words behave in forum. So what does he do? He makes double posts, worthless posts and posts in which he directly offends the admins and moderators.

There is only one response to this:
Spoiler:
ROFLMAO!!!!!
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal, your response is briiliant!!
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf99 is henceforth (I always wanted to use that word) banned from the forums by decision of Jeric, Cal, Graywolf and Myself.

Yeehaw.
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say, good move. This guy was really getting on my nerves.

I was about to bite him. lol Wink
Commander

Member#: 980

Robert_Locksley is offline View user's profile Send private message Robert_Locksley's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Cocles, JERIC, Cal, Graywolf! I was updating myself on all the posts over the past week....he was also getting on my nerves with all his useless posts and "Admin & Mod" bashings.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: