StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Horse Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7155

CaptainAdam is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CaptainAdam's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ropes?
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5089

TrickSpine is offline View user's profile Send private message TrickSpine's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, yah, dearie, your pricing for horse back riding is totally different than that of North America's. you make it sound so easy, but basically one of the major reasons that most people who say they have always wanted to ride, but haven't is expense. like all hobbies, everything to do with horses is expensive, including riding lessons. in my experience, lessons start at $25/hour and go up from there. i cut a deal at my second stables and got it for $10, but that was one extremely sweet deal and i was friends with the lady and i worked for her stables' owner. before that i had to work my ass off at the stables every single day for riding lessons - most of which the instructor didn't even show up for, (what a flake, huh?).
trail riding rates are even worse. the cheapest i've ever seen was between $50-$80 for a half hour trail ride. could that be more pathetic?
so, given that, it's a little more understandable that more people aren't into it. it's not as sugar-coated an experience as it should be.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

CaptainAdam is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website CaptainAdam's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy! It IS expensive over there!
That explains a lot.
I now see that the situation is a lot different there.
45 minutes usually costs $ 7-10 here. 25-30 minutes costs $ 6-7.
Trail riding costs $ 10 where i ride (30-45 minutes).
I'm sorry its so expensive there Sad.

Adam
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I blame you.... j/k

ropes is my little short name for europes people.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder, why is horse riding is so expensive there. After all the US had a "horsie" past like all other nations, and there is the "great western" stuff too, full of cowboys and such. Though there are some nations that have a much longer past with horses (like hungarians, you know the "Huns", or the indians in America, thousands of years).
But i doubt any of these nations have too much connection with the "great ancestors".
But horse riding should not be that expensive there...
Horse riding is kind of an expensive hobby here, even with the prices here.

Adam
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may guess, but I have to admit I don't know anything about it. it has something to do with the purchasing power of the nation. Hungarians (13.000 GDP) make less money, so the cost is lower, but still expencive. U.S (36.000 GDP) (or Belgian for that matter) residents make more money, so the stable owners ask more, because the can do so.

confusing enough?
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense Tron, and just might be true...though i doubt that such a great price difference would be accounted for that.
I mean yes it is considered a rather expensive hobby, but not that expensive. Anybody who has a proper job,and some time (or even on minimum wage, like one lesson at a cheap place a week, 25 mins) can afford to learn if one really wants to.
So i guess the same should be in the US, compared to wages, and the standard of living. And then why are a lot of stuff cheaper over there? So there might be more to it.

Adam
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some stuff is cheaper in the US, because it is a way bigger market. When I want to buy a computer, I go to germany, there's more competition, and thus lower prices. (about -30% for a pc).
but this doesn't count for horseriding.
CaptainAdam
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, but if people earn more in the US , the price of horseriding should be the same relatively, as here. If something costs more, but you earn more, there is no difference relatively.
Maybe horseriding is considered an elite sport there?

Adam
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually its a thing for the rich... or uper middle class... There are exceptions, but they are rare. Smile
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trickspine, who wrote about the high prices, is from Canada, not the US. It is cheaper here. I don't have the actual numbers in front of me, but both my kids take lessons at a place not too far from me and it is reasonable. If not, I could not afford it.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TJ, could you tell us the actual price of lessons there (where?) ?

Adam
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can on Sunday or Monday. I'm going to the stable tomorrow with them and I'll ask my wife what it costs.
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the most boring thread... Adam, I know (we all know) you love horses... Thats fine and dandy, but for those of us here in the U.S. well when we said we hope to do that later in life we did mean later... Pushing to have people get information on prices for lessons is a waste of time... You see, if and when we really want to take the time or spend the money we will do it... But the main thing is, the U.S. is HUGE. There are many different regions, and those different regions have different prices... Cocles pays shit loads more for everything than I do and we live in the same country...

It would be hard for someone to come on here and list prices, well its not hard but a waste of time... Its best for the person who actually wants to ride horses to just look in their own area, and do it... Posting that information is foolish because chances are other people here don't live in that area... And if they do they can find out for themselves if they really want to ride...Wink
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call, Lego. Naturally, the same is true of Canada... it's also a huge country and there are significant differences in price (for example, the province of Alberta generally has a lower cost of living than, say, the province of Ontario).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: