StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Mods Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a girl, I'm required/entitled to talk in circles when I get emotional whatsoever, be it anger, sadness, dissappointment, happiness, whatever.

I just don't trust her. She has never earned my trust or my respect. I dont think she should be an admin because I and a lot of others dont enjoy the way she acts and dont trust her to moderate SST. I dont like it because I feel like she thinks she is the boss and everyone will listen to her. And she always wants her way and tromps on people to get it. Its how i feel, and thats just a feeling i get. call it intuition or whatever you want to call it. I just usually stay out of the chat whenever she is on because i try and avoid being nasty to her. I usually ignore her because i dont enjoy talking to her. Im am shocked that Jeric and ALL THE OTHER ADMINS trust her 100% when I (and apparently others) dont trust her one bit. I usually keep a farily normal face to her on the chat or what not, but it takes a lot of effort to avoid saying how idotic and annoying she is. Recently I've been open to her becoming more likeable, but i have really not grown to like her any more. Unfortuantely she is always on the chat, too, so its hard for me to find a time to be on the chat when i can actually enjoy a conversation. I'm dissappointed that someone that I and other people dont trust is now able to censor what we say here at SST. She has also asked for a lot of people to be banned, or atleast that is my perception. I'm seriously afraid that I could get banned just for speaking up to her, or disagreeing with her. I miss the days where Cocles and anyone else could make fun/totally obliterate anyone's ego, or reputation and it was considered just part of SST. I'm sure there are other reasons, but right now im kinda fuming. I know i can voice my opinions freely here, and i'm taking advantage of it.

Atleast I'm honest and open about how I feel. If i need to be banned or censored, feel free, but dont ever say i didnt speak my mind. And the last time i checked, I dont think being "nice" to people was a "requirement" at SST ... unless things have changed since thur became a mod.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, congrats Obi, I also second-ed that part of Pixie's post earlier, too, in case you didnt pick that up.

Second Kork's post as well. Well done mate.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

first off ones personal stuff outside SST should not matter as to if one should be a mod or not. personal matters are private and that is it. it's there ability to do the job they have been given.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not personal outside of SST. It has all happened here.
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ok you act as if you are going to have a big red bulls eyes on you. ok you don't trust her fine. i guess alot of people do not know the resposablity that goes with being a mod. some may think there is not that much but there is. if the admins did not think she can do the job they would have not given it to her.
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
Its not personal outside of SST. It has all happened here.

i think he is referring to some personal things that korkster said here that weren't part of sst, but were told to him in private conversations.

I appreciate your honesty, and i don't really care for you either, but i;ve tried to be nice when you come into chat so that there isn't unnecessary arguing in the chat. but thre are usually several conversations going on in the chat so i don't see how i stop you from chatting.

But again, being a mod has responsbilities and it's not just about power, which there is actually not that much of. And you are still free to speak your mind until an admin says not to. Or if a mod ask you nicely to take something off chat. Sorry, i didn't ask you nicely before and i should have. I apologize for that.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but whether I am a mod or not is up to Jeric and the others.
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

korkster wrote:
I will have the guts to say my peace.

I believe that there are personal and social issues on which thuring should be more focussed in her life at present. SST is a distraction and extra responsibilities will do nothing to solve those issues, only cause more distractions.

Regards,
Kork

what is going on in my home has nothing to do with my abilities to be a moderator, and if it were ever to become that way, i would resign if i couldn't continue those responsibilities. And since you have no idea what goes on in my home, you don't know wheter or not sst is a distraction b/c some days it's the only contact I have with the adult world. But again, my personal life doesn't belong here.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
I'm a girl, I'm required/entitled to talk in circles when I get emotional whatsoever, be it anger, sadness, dissappointment, happiness, whatever.

If you believe that, fine. But it wasn't a question of your requirement/entitlement to talk in circles, it was a case of "say what you mean and say it directly or else I (and others) cannot understand what your point is".

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
At least I'm honest and open about how I feel. If i need to be banned or censored, feel free, but dont ever say i didnt speak my mind.

Your constantly talking about getting banned or censored comes across as a tad paranoid. How many people have gotten banned or censored on this site? Not very many at all, and when it's been done, there's always a reason behind it and such decisions are usually made by one or more moderators/administrators in consultation with one another.

I can understand that you don't like thuringwethil personally and that you don't trust her; however, you give the impression that she's somehow going to rule with an iron fist and be allowed to make decisions without any input from the other people who run the site. This simply isn't so.

rebeccabutterfly wrote:
And the last time i checked, I dont think being "nice" to people was a "requirement" at SST ... unless things have changed since thur became a mod.

No, it's not a requirement -- your snide and catty remarks are proof enough of that. It is, however, possible to express yourself and your displeasure with this decision without resorting to personal attacks. Korkster managed to be critical but very matter of fact.
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well sorry juan. I had to say something. Might as well say what was on my mind. sorry i didnt do it with more tact.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Obi, you'll do great!

I'm sorry to say that i also do not support the appointment of Thur. I do respect her, but trust?
I will (as allways) respect 100% what the admins decide.

My 2 cents.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tron wrote:
Congrats Obi, you'll do great!

I'm sorry to say that i also do not support the appointment of Thur. I do respect her, but trust?

My 2 cents.

Well that goes back to what Cocles said, it wsn't about trust. And it should really be about whether or not I can do the job. All I've asked for is a chance to prove myself. 49% of the people didn't vote for George Bush either. They don't owe him their trust. They don't even half to like him. But he is still in the office (no that doesn't mean I equate myself w; /the president for those of you who can't see the analogy) my point is there are some who felt i could do the job and why doesn't ever one wait and b1tch when I screw something up first.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4034

Tron is offline View user's profile Send private message Tron's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't do that. I'm sure, you'll do your best for the site and earn my trust just like all the other mods.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks tron. That's all I'm asking for.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to me, you've already screwed up by making SST less enjoyable for me. But maybe thats not your fault, maybe its just a coincidence that that happened as soon as you came along. Maybe i shoouldnt blame it all on you.

I do respect JERIC, and im sure he has his reasons for making you a mod. I just had to say something out in the open since its ... as cocles said ... festering. I shall continue to not respect you or trust you ... assuming you dont change the way you act.

I don't think the analogy of the president worked because this is not a democracy here and the majority did not "vote" you into your appointment as mod. So i dont think you can even assume that 50-51% of the people trust you or respect you or wahtever. THE PERSON in charge trusted you enough to do the job, and the few admins supported HIS DECISION. It was probably even like one of those acts of congress where everyone trusted obi, and you just came along with the deal. But I dont know that. I speculate that they just gave you the title to match your 'tude. But i don't know that either. Maybe you have earned all their trust somehow, but for some reason its not my business how you did. I just wonder how you haven't earned everyone else's trust at the same time, in the same way. And why it seems to ONLY be the admins around here who trust you. I was very surprised, because usually when people act like the boss (when they're not) around here they get harassed. No one has harassed you about it, because we all saw it as harmelss and not quite necessary and we didnt want to be seen as mean.

I really feel bad about being so ... what did juan say ... snude and catty ... but Its only equivalent to what has been dished to me. Just dishing back a litte. Speaking my mind, as i always do. I'm just sorry I don't have anything nicer to say about her, or this subject. And I will leave it at that for the moment.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7277

doodle is offline View user's profile Send private message doodle's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, congrats to both thuring and Obi.

Second, you're not going to keep everyone happy all of the time. Personally, I've known thuring for as long as I've been here, and while there have been personal matters in the fore at home, and here, I don't believe that there is any reason to hold that against her in her new position hree on the site. She has consistently shown herself to be of strong character, and would not let personal problems bleed into her responsibilities here.

rebecca, I'm not sure what the background between you and thuring is, but FFS get over it. You're right, its not a democracy. Jeric has made his decision, and little of your blatent b*tching is going to change it. I'm no admin, and I have nothing but trust and respect for her. I'm quite confident she won't abuse her abilities in any way. The fact is that the admins and moderators do trust her, and they obviously have their reasons to. They wouldn't appoint her otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: