StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Mods Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all very interesting. I guess i need to hang out in the chat more often to see whats going on. My 2 cents is let thur have a chance. I trust Jeric and the admins in the what they do. seems like they've been doing a good job so far. the only thing i can think of is that she's still a young member. July 30? thats like only 3 months. i know she was some other handle before, but i would like to think members would be around for at least 6 months before being promoted. but im not an admin and can't do anything about it. To the Admins, i say good job on your decision and to the new mods, good luck with your new responibilities. Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the admins opinion on this has been requested and I will give mine now. Some, if not all of us had issues with the sst-age of thur when we made the decision. She is still young at sst but she is indeed one of the most active members. IMO being active is one of the top requirements for being a mod. Being a mod is also about having extra responsibility, not being a boss or a bully and having fancy titles and special privileges. Do not think she is green because she is better than any of you. She has to stick out of the crowd so that people can find her easily if she is needed. Some of you have mentioned that you are afraid that she might use her "power" agains you, maybe because you aren't best friends with her to start off with. If anyone of you feel that a mod or one of the admins for that matter (except for Cocles) is harassing you, you can tell us about it and we will straighten it out. And in case you were wondering, mods have rules to follow too. What people do and stand for in real life does not belong here. We've had a wide variety of personalities here, everything from gays to nazis, and in my opinion SST is still the best community one could wish for. So please, lets give thur a chance. Thank you. Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2207

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about this all morning. I want to say congratulations to thur and son on their promotions!! Very Happy

Now, I also want to say that I agree with Pixie on a few of the things she posted. Like the chat has changed and in some ways isn't as fun as it used to be. I remember at least some of what she's talking about because, while I've not been here as long as some, I've been here a lot longer than others. And I find myself missing it too. But there's a different group of attitudes coming in and that's gonna happen. The dynamics change. But I have hopes that it will be like it used to be from time to time again. Forever the optimistic pessimist!

I think thur and son will do their best in their new posts. I refuse to get into the argument of whether thur is qualified to be a mod because I have always felt folks deserve the benefit of the doubt.

http://tinyurl.com/ltrodr
http://www.mostphotos.com/maddys713/portfolio
http://www.cutcaster.com/studio/pub/784218913

USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Obi-son and thuring!
Commander
Commander

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixie wrote:
They have been replaced by a lot of people who stay here all day long (it is amazing to me some of these people can keep their jobs) and just chat to be chatting.

How can you say if people are staying on the chat all day if you're not yourself on the chat all day? Wink
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

schroddie wrote:
Pixie wrote:
They have been replaced by a lot of people who stay here all day long (it is amazing to me some of these people can keep their jobs) and just chat to be chatting.

How can you say if people are staying on the chat all day if you're not yourself on the chat all day? Wink

Oh I don't know...maybe by reading the logs? Wink
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would she read the logs? She thinks conversations are boring anyway...
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because everytime she logs on, she sees Thur's name in the chat. You don't have to chat yourself or even read the logs to know who are the most active members of the chatboard.

Of course, I've also heard rumors that Pixie and BuyerQueen have some sort of "inside track" as to what goes on around here.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:

Of course, I've also heard rumors that Pixie and BuyerQueen have some sort of "inside track" as to what goes on around here.

lmao - ya think?
Lieutenant

Member#: 7220

filmgoerjuan is offline View user's profile Send private message filmgoerjuan's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:

I didn't think it was an "inside track" so much as it was a "third rail" Wink
shock
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 3465

shock is offline View user's profile Send private message shock's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit that I'd prefer a mod to act a bit more in the background than Thur does, but she surely does bring a lot of dedication for SST - I like that. She will do fine in my opinion, and no, SST won't go to hell because of her. I expect her to act like every other mod does (regardless of her private life and political convictions), which means: taking appropriate actions against members who break the SST rules, constantly harrass others, make racist remarks or stupid comments against other religions, gay people, women, men and the wonderful Transformers score by Vince DiCola which I happen to like alot.

I'm not quite getting why the Admins even have to explain their decision. What's good for them and JERIC - who is kind enough to share his collection with us - is good with me. I fully trust them, and I believe you should do the same.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

shock wrote:
I admit that I'd prefer a mod to act a bit more in the background than Thur does, but she surely does bring a lot of dedication for SST - I like that. She will do fine in my opinion, and no, SST won't go to hell because of her. I expect her to act like every other mod does (regardless of her private life and political convictions), which means: taking appropriate actions against members who break the SST rules, constantly harrass others, make racist remarks or stupid comments against other religions, gay people, women, men and the wonderful Transformers score by Vince DiCola which I happen to like alot.

I'm not quite getting why the Admins even have to explain their decision. What's good for them and JERIC - who is kind enough to share his collection with us - is good with me. I fully trust them, and I believe you should do the same.

now wait a minute, you mean i can't dis the transformers score? maybe i should reconsider Wink
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:

now wait a minute, you mean i can't dis the transformers score? maybe i should reconsider Wink

JERIC might just fire you for sayin' that Wink
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixie wrote:
thuringwethil wrote:

JERIC might just fire you for sayin' that Wink

I think i don't like it b/c it makes me realize how old I am Wink
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:

I think i don't like it b/c it makes me realize how old I am Wink

We could get some recordings of the piano music played during Silent Movies for yeh Wink Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: