StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Gossipin' Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:06 am   Post subject: Gossipin' Thread Reply with quote

So I got a new job and moved to a new city this week. I'm at home for this weekend 'cause there's no net at my new apartment yet but I now live in Fort Smith, AR. Since it's a small office environment crazy things are bound to happen, especially since the boss seems to like to hire young women particularly.

A couple of nights ago I went bowling with the girls. They got drunk, I didn't, we had fun, etc. But then this older woman with OCD stuffed the bowling shoes in her purse. WTF? oh well, I didn't say anything. I was following her out when she walked through the sensors and set off the alarm. She grabbed me and tried to blame it on me. Hahaha. Who steals BOWLING SHOES? wtf? oh well. More stories later.

Post yer own.

*moved to community forum from general* -JERIC
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao gecko - where were you before ft. smith? i used to live in Monticello.
Lieutenant Commander

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okmulgee, OK.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i promise arkansas is worse Wink
good luck on your new job
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Hahaha. I somehow disagree. It's about the same.
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright... The R&B band has recorded a new CD! I'm very excited about this recording because it's my first time being recorded.

I never realized just how much went into one album. Editing, cover art and copying of the CD... wow... really tiring work...

... now if we can just find a way to put these songs on the radio or get a gig... Confused

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

cool generic!

(oliphant stampete btw - grrr at your avatar)
Lieutenant

Member#: 7365

Jazzman is offline View user's profile Send private message Jazzman's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can attest to how much goes into a good recording. Or "should" go into it. My band tried to record a CD last year, and being a bunch of cheap skates, we tried to do it for as little money as possible. We hired a "friend of a friend" and he came and recorded us where we usually rehearse (in one of the band members' basement). He had really good equipment, and he thought very highly of his skills, but he couldn't deliver. The acoustics of the basement were bad enough, but his mixing skills (or lack thereof) ruined everything. He simply didn't know how (and didn't want to take the time) to make a jazz big band sound good. Worst part was he quickly deleted the master tracks to make space on his equipment so when I offered to mix the thing myself it was already too late. Now we're out some good money and have nothing to show for it.

So the next time you hear a good recording of something, take some time to thank the engineers behind the scenes that make it sound so good.

Can't say our band has the problem GD's does, though. We get plenty of gigs--on average 2 a month (just enough for us hobbyists), and we don't advertise.
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Gecko and bowling shoes.... The woman has OCD? She actually touched rental bowling shoes? I thought one of the traits of OCD was being extra sanitary. Did she use a house ball or her own?

Now we are waiting to hear all the stories that you must have heard about the boss.
Lieutenant

Member#: 413

Altoid is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Altoid's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:08 pm   Post subject: bowling shoes fashion trend Reply with quote

@gecko, my understanding is that in the recent past, there was a fashion trend toward bowling shoes. Youngsters were wearing cr@ppy street shoes, trading them in and renting bowling shoes, and walking out with the bowling shoes still on.

Agreeing with TJoe, people with OCD _at_the_very_least_ buy their own bowling shoes and bowling ball. Perhaps cleptomania?
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
cool generic!

(oliphant stampete btw - grrr at your avatar)

lmao Very Happy

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jazzman wrote:
So the next time you hear a good recording of something, take some time to thank the engineers behind the scenes that make it sound so good.

Can't say our band has the problem GD's does, though. We get plenty of gigs--on average 2 a month (just enough for us hobbyists), and we don't advertise.

Luckily our engineer is also the former bass player and did the job gratis.

and we can't get gigs because we work way too much. My schedule is hectic enough between my dayjob and the bookstore. The other band members (drummer, lead and rhythm guitar) work contruction and one (bassist) as an X-ray tech.

We are also very lazy Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: