StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Favorite Sweetener?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Favorite Sweetener?
Equal
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Splenda
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
Sugar
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Sweet-N-Low
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other/Depends/None
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but Phenylketonuria (currently) has the coveted left slot. Splenda get the right two. Does that equal out somehow?

jeff
sdg
teachplus3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8293

teachplus3 is offline View user's profile Send private message teachplus3's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lots of scientific information on sweetners. I read an article once stating that Nuti-sweet (what Equal is made of) turns to or breaks down to formaldehyde in the digestive system. Sounds like Sugar is still the most "natural". Although, I voted Sweet-n-low since I guess that is what I was use to growing up. Wonder what it does to the system?
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Splenda is great stuff. Use it in my tea everyday.
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my French part talking here. I am sorry to say but, in the US, sugar doesn't taste like sugar to me. It tastes like tasteless white powder. The thing that tastes the most as French sugar to me so far would be the pink Sweet and Low. I've only tried the blue and pink ones, though. Never tried Splenda.
I also have a type of sweetener that I found in France. It comes from the Netherlands I believe and is called something like Herbessaatz. Sorry for the mispelling. Very very efficient and very tiny. I love it.

I talked to a French Baker this past week-end and she said that American pastries taste very sweet (compared to French pastries) because they are full of artificial products.

Anyway, sorry to be so critical. Don't get me wrong, I love the US and I would love to stay here if I can but French food is something I definitely miss from France.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

teachplus3 wrote:
Wow, lots of scientific information on sweetners. I read an article once stating that Nuti-sweet (what Equal is made of) turns to or breaks down to formaldehyde in the digestive system. Sounds like Sugar is still the most "natural". Although, I voted Sweet-n-low since I guess that is what I was use to growing up. Wonder what it does to the system?

Well, apparently Sweet-n-low is made with Saccharin, which is not metabolized by the body. There was a controversial study with rats where they gave them large doses of the stuff and watched them grow bladder tumors, and the FDA wanted to ban the stuff back in the 70s. But... apparently the government and the scientific community now feel that saccharin poses no threat to humans when consumed in moderate quantities.

Of course, Sweet-n-low also has calcium silicate in it (an anti-caking agent), although I haven't heard anything bad about it.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

schroddie wrote:
Anyway, sorry to be so critical. Don't get me wrong, I love the US and I would love to stay here if I can but French food is something I definitely miss from France.

That's ok, I will never again eat red meat in Europe. *Now, where's that barfing emoticon?*

Laughing

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
*Now, where's that barfing emoticon?*

I can totally picture that! LMAO
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this page, MSN messenger one for "sick"

http://messenger.msn.com/Resource/Emoticons.aspx

Are the ones here able to be used by SST?
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=22

jeff
sdg
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh there you are Mr. Vomiticon!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

gross jeric - can we get that added?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm French meat.

Tasted both US and french

French wins big time here.
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
Oh there you are Mr. Vomiticon!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I never trust tourists to judge native food unless they've got a native showing them what's what.

So when I hear... French food ICK, or American food YUCK, rest assured the person's probably just a moron who can't find the good stuff.
Diamondback
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7050

Diamondback is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diamondback's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cocles wrote:
I never trust tourists to judge native food unless they've got a native showing them what's what.

So when I hear... French food ICK, or American food YUCK, rest assured the person's probably just a moron who can't find the good stuff.

Good one Cocles!! I know from when I was in Malaysia for a couple of weeks, if you have a native point you in the right direction, you will get the good stuff. (MMM... asian food)

Anyway, I voted for sugar. I definitely love sweet stuff. Heck, I add 3-4 spoons of sugar to my bowl of cereal and whenever I have cornbread I smother it in honey. Funny thing is though I'm contradictory when it comes to tea or coffee. I have them straight. Turkish coffee is especially good. And about calories. What's the big deal? Smile Theeeeey'rrrre grrreeeeeaaaaat!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: