StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How was your Thanksgiving?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Well, how was it?
AAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEE: The turkey was on fire and your family(in-laws) was rude. :x
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
BLAH: Either the food or family was bad. :(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
SO-SO: It was rather neutral. :|
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
NOT BAD: You can't quite put your finger on it, but something could have been better. :)
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
PERFECT: It really couldn't have turned out any better. :D
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
THANKSGIVING: What is this Thanksgiving that you speak of? :?
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

Diamondback
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7050

Diamondback is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diamondback's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:27 am   Post subject: How was your Thanksgiving? Reply with quote

Well I thought I would ask how everybody's Thanksgiving celebration went. Mine went over pretty well. The icing on the cake was the Bondathon Very Happy on the Spike TV channel.
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! first to vote!

Thanksgiving was great! My wife and I spent time with our extended family in the East Bay (CA).

Usually my parents fly off somewhere for turkey day... so I usually spend it with friends families Smile

... and before you ask...

I have Christmas dinner with my folks Very Happy

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
peaches
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8483

peaches is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website peaches's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! second to vote!

Thanksgiving was great! My husband and I spent time with our extended family in the East Bay (CA).

My family is all in Southern CA... so I usually spend it with friends families

... and before you ask...

I have Christmas dinner with my in-laws

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was alright. Mixed family always makes it strange in some way or the other. Nice yummy lunch/dinner. Great competition with the family games going on, and then topped off with going to the movies to see The Incredibles. Great flick.
Lieutenant

Member#: 7872

lotrgirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View lotrgirl's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My Thanksgiving was wonderful! My family made a wonderful meal together and we had my grandma, aunt, and uncle over (on my dad's side). We ate lots and talked around the table. It was a perfect break from college. Smile
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

spent it waiting for our US friends to come back on line. It was so quiet on SST without them...

Wink
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to go with the "Not Bad" version. It was with my family this year. I have had worse and better. I can, though, put my finger on the problem. My family has 2 distinct groups. The "men folk" watch football and DO NOT talk. UNLESS you get them started on bashing [fill in the group of the moment here]. The "women folk" sit in the living room and share stories of kids (grand and non) and kvetch about [fill in the group of the moment here].

Mayhap you see a pattern here. My family is just a touch racist and that bugs the hell out of me. But, I love them all and want to see them all so neutral is the best decription of the day.
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

jk2silly wrote:
I had to go with the "Not Bad" version. It was with my family this year. I have had worse and better. I can, though, put my finger on the problem. My family has 2 distinct groups. The "men folk" watch football and DO NOT talk. UNLESS you get them started on bashing [fill in the group of the moment here]. The "women folk" sit in the living room and share stories of kids (grand and non)

lol sounds like my family, but I like football so I was always in trouble for sitting w/ the "men folk"
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

peaches wrote:
YAY! second to vote!

lol peaches and gd, you guys make me laugh!

My thanksgiving was... as usual... unusual. Well, of course, I don't have family over here and I know I am not American but still, seriously, it is my 5th Thanksgiving here in the US and I haven't had a regular Thanksgiving dinner! Not that I am desperate or anything but COME ON!!! Each year, I am invited by some of my American Friends and each year it's the same "Well, we are sure you had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner so we will do it differently this year". Conclusion, I had any strange Thanksgiving dinner you can think of but no turkey, no gravy, no stuffing and no cranberry sauce... This year, I ate pheasant and scalloped potatoes. It was good but I had to vote for "it could have been better" because I wish, one day, I'll experience a traditional Thanksgiving dinner...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Diamondback is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diamondback's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe you should tell them that you haven't had a traditional one. Though I find it kind of silly of them to think that you've had a traditional Thanksgiving, seeing that they're your friends and they know you're from France.
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually forgot to mention that I indeed tell them... each year. Doesn't have any effect though but I shouldn't complain. After all, it's already nice of them to invite me although it is more of a family dinner.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so you do tell them. Funny that it never sinks in (that or they want something different anyway Mr. Green )Oh well. I do agree though, it is nice of them to invite you to what is traditionally a family dinner.
teachplus3
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 8293

teachplus3 is offline View user's profile Send private message teachplus3's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We always spend Thanksgiving with my family since my in-laws have always gone there separate ways and never had a family Thanksgiving (ODD)
My sister came in town from Houston, TX (and I only get to see her about 4 times a year) with her family and was really great getting to see the nieces, nephews, and the BIL. I don't get to talk to them as often as I do my sister.
We had the traditional sit down dinner with games b/f and after (TWISTER Wink ).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: