StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Remove: ALW's The Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack (2004)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Remove ALW's The Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack?
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
No
86%
 86%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 44

celtic19
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 7354

celtic19 is offline View user's profile Send private message celtic19's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:19 am   Post subject: Remove: ALW's The Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack (2004) Reply with quote

I am a fan of The Phantom of The Opera. However, as someone who listens to this station all day long at work I am really getting tired of hearing tracks from the Gerard Butler/Emmy Rossum 2004 movie soundtrack.

Would it be possible to retire this soundtrack from the playlist?
USA Johnny_Cage
Commander
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the album, but I see no good reason why it should be removed. So I vote "No".

There are still alot of people here who enjoy listening to it, so why ruin their fun if a few are burned out from it? Besides, it won't kill anyone to use the mute button for a few minutes.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
USA lastdomino VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other soundtracks that I don't like so well either. I would never ask those fans to give up their music any more than I would complain and gripe about them chosing those songs I despise so much. That is why we have MUTE buttons.

I agree that Gerard Butler was a poor choice for the role, but I still like the music of the Phantom of the Opera so I grit my teeth and enjoy what parts of that music I chose to.

Streaming Soundtracks has such a wonderful variety of music and I have been introduced to music I had never had the chance of hearing before. I wouldn't ask them to retire anything.
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lastdomino wrote:
There are other soundtracks that I don't like so well either. I would never ask those fans to give up their music any more than I would complain and gripe about them chosing those songs I despise so much. That is why we have MUTE buttons.

I completely agree! If you don't like it, you have the option to mute it. We shouldn't get rid of a ST just because you don't want to hear it anymore. Sad
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against removing albums even if someone doesn't like them, so it's a "no" from me. I'm not a big fan of this particular soundtrack myself, mostly because I've heard the original West End (?) musical soundtrack and find that better. Maybe we should get that musical track in addition Smile
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto chandler !
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, finally reappearing from the void as I can listen at work again...

I do love this show, so I would definitely vote no, but also agree with those that feel we shouldn't just remove any score... as to it playing all the time, well that happens with many, and eventually they die out and get played only periodically or something... Although there is always those like the infamous red pill/blue pill that I was glad to see go!
USA megadith
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 82

megadith is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website megadith's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it. i've never seen the play but i like the music now because of listening to it here...
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not opposed to deleting annoying tracks or even albums. In order for that to happen there has to be about an 80% demand including my agreement.

In this case there's only 28% and I certainly do not agree. Goblinmoon is right, the novelty will fade along with the desire to request it.

Personally, I did not like the play or the music until this movie came out. Now I love it.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with keeping it, I mean we kept Chicago! If we still have that than there is no hope Wink

I loved the play/original ST, but hated the movie/ST.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 11329

dr_schizo is offline View user's profile Send private message dr_schizo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know this soundtrack well but i vote no. The force of SST is its diversity and its immense collection who deserves to growin and growin again. For me, SST is like an international soundtrack sanctuary. That's what I disagree with the concept itself of "removing poll" (personaly)
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you did it again!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: