StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$127.58

7 Donations:
$372.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

aacPlus Streaming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget we're listed in iTunes under Radio > Eclectic.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Kaldur
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 2763

Kaldur is offline View user's profile Send private message Kaldur's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

With VLC I cannot seem to get better than a 22050Hz sample rate with the 64k aacPlus stream. Is this normal?

edit - Ogg works as I expect it to with 44kHz sampling.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaldur wrote:
With VLC I cannot seem to get better than a 22050Hz sample rate with the 64k aacPlus stream. Is this normal?

edit - Ogg works as I expect it to with 44kHz sampling.

I believe that is a bug in the VLC player. It sounds 44kHz to me.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Mollymauk
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 14213

Mollymauk is offline View user's profile Send private message Mollymauk's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric: Don't forget we're listed in iTunes under Radio > Eclectic.

There are oodles and oodles of radio stations listed on iTunes. Now ask me which stations I can get to run. (It's a *much* shorter list.) iTunes was where I first SAW StreamingSoundtracks.com and thought it sounded like the coolest idea--but neither listing will play. It says it's looking for the URL, and after about 90 seconds it stops looking. Most frustrating. This happens on all of the interesting staions! I can get one or two oldies rock stations, a few NPR/PBS stations, and more religion stations than any hundred people could want or need.

Nobody can figure out what the problem is. But I really, really miss my SST.
Cadet 1

Member#: 6749

NFLnut is offline View user's profile Send private message NFLnut's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 5:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't logged in/tuned in for almost a year now. AACPlus kicks mp3Pro's youknowwhat! I stopped listening after the switch to mp3Pro. It's nice to be able to listen again!
spittbul
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 12710

spittbul is offline View user's profile Send private message spittbul's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to ask this once more. But will it be possible to listen in Real One player again? That really is the easiest and better way for me to listen, and a i can also go back to what's playing and listen a track again. I hope it comes back, cause a i love this site.
respect
USA TheArchitect
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5214

TheArchitect is offline View user's profile Send private message TheArchitect's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:23 pm   Post subject: Realplayer Advantages Reply with quote

spittbul wrote:
Sorry to ask this once more. But will it be possible to listen in Real One player again? That really is the easiest and better way for me to listen, and a i can also go back to what's playing and listen a track again. I hope it comes back, cause a i love this site.
respect

Spittbul -

I also am disappointed on the lack of support for Realplayer...it was great that if you left your desk for a little while, you could come back and "catch up" on the soundtracks that you missed, especially the ones you requested! If only one of the many other players supported could have this one small feature! How about it Jeric, any ideas??
Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Real player did not offer mp3pro.

I prefer better quality streams.
USA TheArchitect
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5214

TheArchitect is offline View user's profile Send private message TheArchitect's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn -

I agree, the better quality streams are preferrable, definitely! Are there any players out there that can buffer up to 6 hours of the stream to allow you to go back and listen to something you missed or requested? Smile
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

every player has 3rd party software to record the streams. We at SST do not support it and never will. Why listen to the tracks in the past when you can listen to tracks currently playing.

Like I said I prefer mp3pro streams live than 22 kHz streams in the past.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:09 pm   Post subject: Periodic freezing with WMP running 64k aacPlus Reply with quote

paulw wrote:
paulw wrote:
OK download the aac plugin and rebooted. the only one that worked is the 64K aacplus Windoz media player plug in.

The sound is definatly improved over the itunes method that I was using.. though itunes was very convenient way to lsten to it..

I was a bit premature with my praise for Windoz media player. It froze after about 10 minutes and ran the CPU at 100% every time. Downloaded Winamp from the link and it has been running perfectly for the past 20 minuts..

I have been listening via WMP (and the Orban plug-in) for about a month now. I will say that, like paulw said, WMP tends to freeze up after listening for some time, maybe 30 minutes or so. Mad

This sounds crazy, but it seems to run very smoothly without interruption for long periods of time if I have no other Internet connections (email, browser windows, iTunes) open at the same time. Confused

Has anyone had similar experiences? Does this make any sense?
Question
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is a way to get VLC to list the album information? Right now, it lists for me the track title and composer, which makes for some good trivia but doesn't tell me what movie I'm listening to. It's probably there and I missed it. Thanks!
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13123

DonJaramillo is offline View user's profile Send private message DonJaramillo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone gotten WMP to work? I also got the codec error. I was hoping that by using WMP, the track title would show up in my MSN status. MSN Messenger does recognize that my iTunes is listening to streamingsoundtracks.com, but no details.

Thanks in advance.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

DonJaramillo wrote:
Has anyone gotten WMP to work? I also got the codec error. I was hoping that by using WMP, the track title would show up in my MSN status. MSN Messenger does recognize that my iTunes is listening to streamingsoundtracks.com, but no details.

Thanks in advance.

Hey DonJ, have you tried the plugin from Orban? You have to install it, then reboot your system. It worked for me.
Wink
JJ2005
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9724

JJ2005 is offline View user's profile Send private message JJ2005's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:56 am   Post subject: Re: Periodic freezing with WMP running 64k aacPlus Reply with quote

"I was a bit premature with my praise for Windoz media player. It froze after about 10 minutes and ran the CPU at 100% every time. Downloaded Winamp from the link and it has been running perfectly for the past 20 minuts.."

"I am having the same problem. My WMP works with orban for long periods of time if it is the only thing running. My computer tends to freeze in the afternoon, when I have several things running on my computer. Unfortunatly, I have to reboot my computer everyday in the afternoon b/c the WMP freezes"

"I have been listening via WMP (and the Orban plug-in) for about a month now. I will say that, like paulw said, WMP tends to freeze up after listening for some time, maybe 30 minutes or so. Mad

This sounds crazy, but it seems to run very smoothly without interruption for long periods of time if I have no other Internet connections "

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:
Has anyone had similar experiences with WMP? I have the same problems.

Last edited by JJ2005 on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: