StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Saddest Score
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Kiddo_24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12459

Kiddo_24 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kiddo_24's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I say SCHINDLER'S LIST.

Haunting violin solos, heartwrenching vocals, depressing imagery altogether
Cadet 3

Member#: 15371

naught_but_wyn is offline View user's profile Send private message naught_but_wyn's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The Schindler's List played by Itzhak Perlman (did I spell it correctly?) is probably the most heart-wrenching soundtrack I've heard to date.
Belgium dr_schizo
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 11329

dr_schizo is offline View user's profile Send private message dr_schizo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

here i heard "Aria" from Layer Cake OST sung by Lisa Gerard, it was really sad stuff...
for those who like Lisa Gerard voice and melancholic songs, i recommend the live version of "Sanvean" on the Dead Can Dance (Lisa Gerard's new-age folk band) album "Toward The Within" though it's not soundtrack (but near), it's the sadest song of the world
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah, Dead Can Dance Smile Sanvean is a great song, but I don't know the live version you're talking about. I'll try to hear it! Thank you for the hint, dr_shizo!
Lieutenant

Member#: 12459

Kiddo_24 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kiddo_24's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to add THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST here. Some songs on that album really jerked a tear . . .
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of scores and tracks that I think are very sad. My favorites are "The Letter than Never Came," from Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, by Thomas Newman, and some of the tracks from Brian Tyler's Children of Dune, such as "Dune Messiah" and "The Ring of Paul."

I think the entire score from Munich, by John Williams, is one of the saddest I've ever heard, but it almost goes too far. I find it positively soul-crushing, which is why I try to listen to it only a track at a time.
Belgium dr_schizo
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 11329

dr_schizo is offline View user's profile Send private message dr_schizo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Aaah, Dead Can Dance Smile Sanvean is a great song, but I don't know the live version you're talking about. I'll try to hear it! Thank you for the hint, dr_shizo!

yeah, "Toward The Within" is a great live album and "sanvean" sounds very better (and sader too) than the original studio recording. This album is a must if you like Dead Can Dance! Wink
Ensign

Member#: 14078

JeromeMorrow is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website JeromeMorrow's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
I think the entire score from Munich, by John Williams, is one of the saddest I've ever heard, but it almost goes too far. I find it positively soul-crushing, which is why I try to listen to it only a track at a time.

Yeah, Munich is kind of a downer, but I really enjoy that score. It's minimal Williams (probably because he didn't have much time to write it). I wish the affected vocals on there were a bit more subtle and not so overtly emotive....still underrated, I'd say.
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Straight Story by Angelo Badalamenti, particularly the cues Laurens Walking and Alvin's Theme.
Cadet 1

Member#: 15749

Busara is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Busara's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The two scores that are especially powerful and important to me are Williams' A.I.: Artificial Intelligence and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.

I grew up with E.T. and I was totally feeling depressed when seeing it end for the first time. Smile Now, many years later, I'm still amazed by the movie. The film is powerful enough as it is, but adding that soundtrack makes it one moving and unforgettable experience. The music is also wonderful listening without seeing the images onscreen - which to me means Williams is one amazing composer. Yes, tears are forming when I listen to the score. It becomes a waterfall when I see the film.

I also became fascinated with Spielberg's A.I. - like with E.T., there's many moments in that film that are extreme powerful to me, and the score really does draw tears from my eyes whenever I see the film.

Other scores that really get to me are Silvestri's Contact, parts of The Abyss, William's finale of Close Encounters, and Michael Kamen's most important moments in The Iron Giant.
Cadet 1

Member#: 15782

Naurya is offline View user's profile Send private message Naurya's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The saddest soundtrack for me is "Battle of the Heroes" from Star Wars Episode III. When I listened to it at the music store (even before the movie was released) I almost started crying in the middle of that shop!

The Gladiator soundtrack is also pretty sad.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Locke'd Out Again from the Lost soundtrack is a very sad and very beautiful track, it always reminds me of the tragic past of Locke's character Sad
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice LOTRKing! I'm discovering the show and the 'sad theme' and its variations are indeed very nice!
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

PLATOON -- "Adagio For Strings"

2001:A SPACE ODYSSEY -- "Gayane Ballet Suite (Adagio)"

THE PROFESSIONAL -- "She Is Dead"

Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to spoil anyones enthusiasm, but neither Barber's "Adagio for Strings" nor Khatchaturian's "Gayane Ballet Suite-Adagio" are filmscore pieces, but classical concertworks which just happened to be included on a filmsoundtrack.
(Doesn't mean that the mentioned pieces aren't great, didn't want to say that.)

But nevertheless they are also "scores" - just not for films basically. Wink
Otherwise this thread would've been called "The saddest music pieces", not "scores".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: