StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Poll: Add Young Frankenstein soundtrack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add Young Frankenstein soundtrack
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
No
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
I don't care
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

USA dnewhous
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 16896

dnewhous is offline View user's profile Send private message dnewhous's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:48 pm   Post subject: Poll: Add Young Frankenstein soundtrack? Reply with quote

Most of the tracks have a bunch of character dialogue and are IMO not worthy of the playlist. But the "Main Title" is classic. That's the violin music they use to call/soothe the monster in case anybody need's their memory jogged.

The soundtrack is OOP but it still has a listing at Amazon. They have 30 second sound samples of everything.

I am only asking for the first track to be added; I should have made that clear in the poll.

Last edited by dnewhous on Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:57 am; edited 25 times in total
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to read the Request Netiquette and edit your post. You are missing several important things in your post including a link to the soundtrack and samples.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with no based on the fact it says dialogue and music FROM the soundtrack. Doesn't appear that this is the OST and w/o more detailed info, who knows. /shrug
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:00 am   Post subject: Re: Poll: Add Young Frankenstein soundtrack? Reply with quote

dnewhous wrote:
Can anybody give me the right syntax (aside from the img tags)?

your syntax is correct dnewhous, but the link is bad. try this one (http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000002R49.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg) instead.

I answered your post in the help section with instructions on finding the image link. Smile

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I say sure! Why not? Very Happy I don't mind audio clips!

-LOTRKing
Captain
Captain

aw

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I didn't care for the movie all that much, but that is not the reason why I voted the way I did. It appears that much of the soundtrack is clips from the movie rather than actual score. So, since this CD appears difficult to find and has limited score I voted 'no'.
Ensign

Member#: 16896

dnewhous is offline View user's profile Send private message dnewhous's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Hmmm I didn't care for the movie all that much, but that is not the reason why I voted the way I did. It appears that much of the soundtrack is clips from the movie rather than actual score. So, since this CD appears difficult to find and has limited score I voted 'no'.

I already said that I only want one track. It is rare the entire CD of any soundtrack gets added.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are saying dnewhous. I guess if someone wanted to donate the album for only one track and JERIC was willing to add it I would be fine with it. It just seems that it is not all that pratical to have it added for just one song. Just my two cents though.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
I understand what you are saying dnewhous. I guess if someone wanted to donate the album for only one track and JERIC was willing to add it I would be fine with it. It just seems that it is not all that pratical to have it added for just one song. Just my two cents though.

I agree with nate on this one. Asking JERIC to buy this one to just add one track from it is not the best way to use the money SST has through donations. The best would be for someone to donate it.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past I know that albums have been donated just for 1 or 2 tracks, but the one who donated it was the one who paid for it. I believe that JERIC gave the OK for the tracks and the donor sent in the album after that.

jeff
sdg
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll didn't last very long at all. I'd leave it up for more then a couple days.
But I'd vote no if I were still able to. I'd definitely say if you want it you need to talk to JERIC about you paying to donate it for starters.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: