StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

SST Themes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:04 pm   Post subject: SST Themes Reply with quote

Uhh...I like fact that you are trying out a new Theme in order to improve upon the look of SST...except for the fact that it feels like I'm up in a snowfield in the high country of Colorado at 1:00 in the afternoon without sunglasses.

Unfortunately, when I try to switch from SST1 back to DarkBlue (which seem to be the only 2 Themes available now), the theme won't change back all the way and I still feel half blinded. Is there a way to fix this, or even bring back the good old SST2.X theme?

Thanks!
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

wait a minute, stop the theme truck for a second. How do you switch themes?
Lieutenant

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric seems to have disabled the option since I last posted this message. He's probably either fixing the old theme, adding new ones, or ticked off that I mentioned I was blinded by this one...and now he's punishing me for my insolence.

The option is normally found under "Your Account". In the future, look for the "Theme" button there.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, thanks.
Cadet 4

Member#: 314

skywalker128 is offline View user's profile Send private message View skywalker128's Favorites
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Theme" button are gone!!Hope JERIC is just fixing things up and the "Theme" function will be available soon! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

skywalker128 wrote:
Hope JERIC is just fixing things up and the "Theme" function will be available soon!

Don't count on it. This site has too many custom features like the 'now playing' header on top, the playlist and the queue/played list. I don't think the webmaster(s) have the time and mood to set that all up for all the themes that php-nuke has to offer. ;-)
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely don't like this new theme at all. It's too bright and the headers are fary too clunky and large.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I think the new appearances have been experiments to see what works and what doesn't.

As for this current appearance, I concur with gecko.

Jeric, one of the things I loved so much about 2.0 was that it was such a masterpiece of layout. Everything had a function while also being aesthetically pleasing. 2.0 was tight and efficient. I could see the chat, the forum, the top banner and the left column all in one moderately sized window.

Up until a couple days ago I couldn't even see the chat and the top banner at the same time. I feel the site is becoming more and more in favor of those who view it in full screen.

While I'm willing to increase my window size for the added functionality of the new forum, the site now also exhibits a needlessly wide left column, giant headers and a useless (although aethetically pleasing) darker border.

As for colors, 2.0's color scheme worked for both those in a sunny room and guys like me who work in a dark room at 3am.

What I personally think would be ideal is if we had the under the hood performance of PHP coupled with a superb body work similar to 2.0.

Thoughts?
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 12:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with what Cocles just wrote.

Woah. Are those flying pigs that I see? Or just the smoked pig that I ate yesterday for Easter coming back for revenge? Wink
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

MOOO! MOOOO! hmmm the cows are comming home.
All three of us agree....

Surley this is the sign of the end of the world. Embarassed
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am digging the new setup! WHoa how sweet it is to be on this site.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I better give Jeric a few more months to mess around with this before I update my drips again. o_O
Marko
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 454

Marko is offline View user's profile Send private message Marko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 4:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Cocles about the 2.x theme. The way the site looks now remides me of it and I like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: