StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

[ADDED] "The Savage Tongue" - Ars Arcana
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do You want this in SST?
Definetely Yes!
100%
 100%  [ 30 ]
No! All but not another trailer music album!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

Gith
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 9440

Gith is offline View user's profile Send private message Gith's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:22 am   Post subject: [ADDED] "The Savage Tongue" - Ars Arcana Reply with quote

FYI: Soundtrack has been added to the playlist.
You can request from the album here.

Hello!

I'm happy to present You yet another Trailer-music album like "Unearthed" or "Epicon". Only this time, it's purely orchestra and choir, no vocals.

Quote:
Featured in Motion Picture trailers for KING KONG, WAR OF THE WORLDS, HOSTEL, SYRIANA, THE VILLAGE, and I, ROBOT, THE SAVAGE TONGUE is a dramatic musical experience created from a vast pool of resources and talent from around the globe. Recorded at ABC Studios in Perth Australia and at the recently restored Christ Church Cathedral, THE SAVAGE TONGUE includes 105 members of the renowned West Australian Philharmonic, 50 members of The Louisville Chorus, a fleet of established soloists, audio engineers, programmers and the industry's leading sound designers. In all, the efforts and expertise of nearly two hundred people have come together to make up the artists collectively known as ARS ARCANA.

And now the links:

http://www.haymakermusic.net/ - Ars Arcana homepage
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/arsarcana - CD Baby page with 30s samples of all tracks in the album as well as couple of reviews. (unfortunately no Amazon this time)

and a small cover (i havent found bigger so far)

USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

H3CK YES!!! We definitely need this in our library, thanks for bringing this to our attention! Very Happy

More EPIC Music! Wink

-LOTRKing
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! This kind of music is rapidly expanding into a genre of its own. And where else can you hear this other than SST?!

Smile
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9561

pmf is offline View user's profile Send private message View pmf's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I say "Yes".

I've enjoyed E.S. Posthumus in my CD library for years and Epicon is good too (except not such a fan of the Josh Groban wannabe vocals, which this doesn't seem to have). Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Cadet 3

Member#: 15738

KenD is offline View user's profile Send private message View KenD's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure! Why not! I got "Unearthed" because of SST, as well as various other soundtracks. SST is my main source for new music. So, this CD seems to "fit" the SST library well - even better than some others...
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted YES!!! sound unheard, so to speak. Wink
If it's anything like Epicon or Unearthed I'm bound to love it. Smile
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10704

SpaceC06 is offline View user's profile Send private message SpaceC06's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely! I love it Smile Thats my 2 cents...

The distance doesn't matter; only the first step is difficult.
--Mme. du Deffand
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got my vote! Very Happy
Lieutenant Commander

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the CD in the mail today. It is awesome!!! (and EPIC too! Wink ) It sounds like a hybrid between Unearthed, LOTR, and POTC. It definitely needs to be in the SST playlist.

-LOTRKing
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally had the opportunity to listen to the samples. I must say that Epicon has not grown on me all that much and I still much prefer Unearthed. So, getting ready to hear the samples I was very much hoping it sounded more like Unearthed and less like Epicon. And after listening to the samples that seems to be the case, so I am in support of this addition. Even if it adds another CD which has its association with the word EPIC, LOTRKing Wink.

It is nice to finally get some of the music that is contained in the trailers released as there is a lot of wonderful music in trailers!

Thanks for posting the information about this release Gith! Much appreciated!
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry nate, only a few of the songs on the CD are "EPIC" the rest are just awesome! Wink

-LOTRKing
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 9440

Gith is offline View user's profile Send private message Gith's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. 29 voted "yes" I really Didnt think that it will have such strong support! Thanks all!

Nate: Yup, as i've said earlier, it's purely orchestra and choir. No vocals this time..
Canada pmf
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9561

pmf is offline View user's profile Send private message View pmf's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my copy in the mail today. Quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, the pieces are kind of short in length and more snippets whereas the tracks within Unearthed have more of a complete feel to them. Still, good compliment to those that enjoy this genre.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to the samples and noticed that some of it sounded VERY influenced, I'll leave it at that.

I ordered it this weekend and expect it to arrive in time for the next monthly update.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Thanks JERIC! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: