StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

American Graffiti !! 2 disc CD soundtrack !! Vote Now !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should We Add American Graffiti to SST ?
OPTION #1 "Heck yea, you got the coolest car in the Valley"
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
OPTION #2 "No way, Rock and Roll corrupts young minds !"
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 30

Poland Tonks
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15754

Tonks is offline View user's profile Send private message View Tonks's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Create new radio, with songs about '50, '60...
I Love songs!!! Smile))
We have here many songs on soundtracks... Wink

Last edited by Tonks on Wed May 02, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sound_Track
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

maddy wrote:
I'm sorry to say that I sort of agree with Nate. I think the music to American Graffiti is wonderful, but the music was created first and the movie much later instead of the music being created to fit the movie or the times portrayed.

Twisted Evil Hmmmmm.... so are you suggesting that we need to PROHIBIT any Classical music tracks from any potential additions, because Classical music was created first, and the movie much later . . .

This is what you're suggesting ? ? ? Twisted Evil
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 11:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Rain is hardly the same - the songs were written FOR the movie. There is a certain criteria to be met for what does and does not make SST. Part of that is that the song - even if it was not written necessarily for the movie, makes the majority think of the movie. Like in Top Gun - Danger Zone, who doesn't think of the movie when they hear that??

I voted no
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
Purple Rain is hardly the same - the songs were written FOR the movie. There is a certain criteria to be met for what does and does not make SST. Part of that is that the song - even if it was not written necessarily for the movie, makes the majority think of the movie. Like in Top Gun - Danger Zone, who doesn't think of the movie when they hear that??

I agree.... with your statements about what makes you think of the movie.... is in it's purest since... what soundtrack music is all about....

I am saddened that the all of the tracks to the LOST IN SPACE movie soundtrack are not included for SST listeners.

I bought the soundtrack to the movie, after seeing the movie, and after listening to the CD, many of these songs by The Crystal Method, and Apollo Four Forty, and Fatboy Slim --are-- the essence of what the movie is to me!

I find it a little grateing sometimes that so much leeway is given fantasy/role player video game music, but favorite groovy tracks that take me into the fantasy world of LOST IN SPACE are not available.

Whether these tracks were made before or after the movie is not important to me.... because when I hear one of these songs.... I THINK OF LOST IN SPACE ! !

If it makes me think and reminise of the Movie... then that's worth listening to!!

Just like when I hear P Diddy's "Come With Me".... I think of the GODZILLA Movie.

I know I'm complaining.... but I don't like being told what is and what is not a good reminder, musically, for a movie.

Climbing down off of soap box . . . Razz

BTY, here are the tracks from the LOST IN SPACE soundtrack CD that aren't included here:

1. Lost In Space (Theme) - Apollo Four Forty
2. I'm Here...Another Planet - Juno Reactor & The Creatures
3. Busy Child - The Crystal Method
4. Bang On! - Propellerheads
5. Everybody Needs A 303 - Fatboy Slim
7. Song For Penny - Death In Vegas
8. Lost In Space - Space
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: