StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Rejected selections
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 352

Gallows is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallows's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 12:25 pm   Post subject: Rejected selections Reply with quote

This has a decent probability of being a stupid question, but I'd just like some clarification.

Recently I've made several requests that have been rejected because -"the selection has recently played".

Now, I'm down with that. That is the way it should be.
The reason I ask is because I'm pretty sure in some cases that the music has not played recently.
What is the window of time that must transpire before you can request a song that has played "recently"?
Just curious.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now it is set to 24 hours. I'm thinking of making it dynamic like the # of requests and displaying it in the upper left-hand corner.

What do you think?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 2:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea, Jeric!
Caray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 243

Caray is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Caray's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't 24hrs a bit stiff ? With a round the world audience it means that some people won't be able to ask for STs that never played during their on-line time.
Erh... does my sentence make sense ?

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caray wrote:
Isn't 24hrs a bit stiff ? With a round the world audience it means that some people won't be able to ask for STs that never played during their on-line time.
Erh... does my sentence make sense ?

With over 6 weeks of music in the playlist, no I don't think it is too stiff. If people want to hear the same track everyday then they should either buy the CD or listen to FM radio. I'm proud of the playlist depth and I want to show it off.

Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! It will be nice to get to hear more of the collection you have established.

Great idea Jeric. Very Happy

Thanks!
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think the 24 hour time wait is great. No wonder I haven't been hearing the same Moulin Rouge song six times a day.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jeric, 24 hour is fine. There are enough songs to pick from.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it should even be increased further, since you have what? Well over 10,000 tracks now, I would assume. Perhaps even as many as 25,000. Somewhere, somehow, I seem to have lost count...

In other news, you seem to have driven ShypdurX out of, uh, buisness. His site has been down for about a month now, although that may also be attributed to the new royalty fees. Just thought you'd like to know. Wink
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Gallows is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallows's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I hope it's 24 hrs. I'd hate to think that the "Matrix Reloaded" Suite hasn't actually played 77 times since it got on the playlist.
Thanks for the info, Jeric.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yvond wrote:
Perhaps it should even be increased further, since you have what? Well over 10,000 tracks now, I would assume. Perhaps even as many as 25,000. Somewhere, somehow, I seem to have lost count...

In other news, you seem to have driven ShypdurX out of, uh, buisness. His site has been down for about a month now, although that may also be attributed to the new royalty fees. Just thought you'd like to know. Wink

I will increase it further when the playlist is organized like it was before. However, I will decrease it when for a few days when new soundtracks are added.

There are 20,400 songs, 1,153 albums, +6 weeks of no-repeat music in the playlist.

SchpydurX exists but by a new name:

The Score Station Rolling Eyes

Last edited by JERIC on Fri May 16, 2003 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Should have figured... Does the "Score Station" have an illiteration similar to "Streaming Soundtracks". No, no, of course not. Rolling Eyes

"Welcome to the new and improved Score Station. We are going through a lot of changes and additions. The forums were wiped out on our server move so unfortunately we have to start over again. But there are some improvements already, and more on the way! Enjoy, and be sure to tell us what you think."

Looks like you continue to be the trend setter, Jeric. Except for the fact that in your upgrade, the forum information wasn't lost. Very Happy

I'm very glad to hear that the play list will be organized as before. As it is now, it's kind of pain to use, especially if you can't quite remember the name of the album you're looking for.
gecko
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 14

gecko is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website gecko's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 9:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting that the Matrix Reloaded suite has been (now) requested 78 times. Man, I don't think I could sit through that 78 times, it's way too long. I assume that the most requests list goes up every time it's requested, regardless of whether it's successful or not, though? Seems like it would make more sense to have the most played songs listed.
insshc
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1508

insshc is offline View user's profile Send private message insshc's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 10:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, especially since the matrix music quickly gets repetitive
Gallows
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Geck, that new avatar is lookin reeel nice.
I especially like the flying spittle.
Cool with a capital C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: