StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Reel Love: The Cinematic Romance Album

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should StreamingSoundtracks.com obtain a copy of Reel Love, and put their tracks on the playlist?
Definitely!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Nope!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Canada ld80061
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:00 pm   Post subject: Add: Reel Love: The Cinematic Romance Album Reply with quote

Preamble: I was mighty shocked - SHOCKED, I tell you! - when I didn't find "Nadia's Theme" here on StreamingSoundtracks.com (you know, the theme for "The Young and the Restless".) So, I immediately did a search for it on Amazon.

There's an entire album on Y&R music, but I had that album previously, and - excluding two versions of Nadia's Theme - I found it a bore. I would have put it up for a vote, anyways, but I found something much more promising.

Reel Love is a collection of mainly instrumental romantic themes, from older TV and movies. I took a listen to all the samples available at
Amazon, and these are the songs that sound promising to me:

"Gone With The Wind: Tara's Theme": ultrafamous theme that we don't have... yet.
"Theme From A Summer Place": once you listen to it, you know that the playlist has Gotta Get It. Oldie & goodie!
"Ryan's Daughter: Rosy's Theme": this is new to me, but sounds promising... and it would be new to the playlist, too!
"The Young And The Restless: Nadia's Theme": to know it is to love it. Especially if you are 'of a certain age'
"Play Misty For Me: Misty - Tony Lee": an excellent piano piece. We DO have this baby, though.
"Casablanca: As Time Goes By": we don't have this.

Shocked

"Love Story: Where Do I Begin?": We don't have this classic piano piece, either. Oh, dear....
"Il Postino: Main Themes": only the French can make a harmonica sound romantic. BTW, we DO have this in the playfiles...
"The Summer Of '42: The Summer Knows": smooth, light and elegant. A true trumpet classic, that really must be added to the playlist!
"Emanuelle": the only verbal piece so far: but it's in French, so it doesn't count. Light French summer fluff, with good piano accompaniment. Another good addition to the playlist!
"Last Tango In Paris": very nice string/piano piece, set in a 1940s style arrangement.
"Romeo And Juliet: Love Theme": A wonderful theme, a genuine classic, and not on the playlist!
"Cinema Paradiso: Love Theme": This is a very enjoyable and even childlike theme. We DO have this in the playlist... horray!
"Braveheart: End Titles": Actually more thoughtful than romantic - but no matter, we already have it!
"Edward Scissorhands: Main Title/Ice Dance": I'm not a fan of the movie, but this wordless choral/piano piece still impresses. And yes, we DO have a copy in the playlist...

So then, considering the major works we will get by adding Reel Love to the list (removing duplicates), I recommend that we SST grabs a copy of this CD pronto! Listen to the samples available at Amazon.com, and make your own call!
Canada ld80061
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:19 pm   Post subject: Oh, come on! Reply with quote

Oh, come on! Surely someone must like the old standards! At least think about the history here!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: