StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pet Peeves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for adding to this thread, Lady. I was thinking of doing it myself based on my commute to work. As for why you should work your tail off when they won't bother? I offer you a multiple choice answer:

A) Because you actually have a work ethic
B) Because you care about the students
C) Because you don't want to be like your students
D) A and B
E) A and C
F) B and C
G) All of the above
H) None of the above

(Can you tell I've recently taken a multiple choice test written by committee?)

jeff
sdg
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
I'm a little tired of my students right now. Why do they insist on not following directions? ... Like it's my job to track them down.

You are Dr. LadyInque, right? Please tell me these aren't college students! Confused
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2, thanks for the multiple choice. Right on all counts.

I am Dr. LadyInque and these are indeed college students, Two. In one of my classes, it's all juniors and seniors. It's been a shattering disillusionment. The good news is, by the end of the semester, some of them will have learned to write like adults.

Actually, they aren't all bad. Three students from a previous semester ran into me and thanked me for all I taught them. Moments like that are why I teach. Of course, they tend to be followed by moments that make me want to kill my students and spill their water on the sand so it can't contaminate the rest of the tribe.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on my commute to work I thought I'd share these traffic lessons:

1) If you see this sign:

You should roll up to it and proceed through without stopping, especially at 4 way stops because the guy that got there first is already stopped.

2) If you see this sign:

You should get in the right lane and pass everybody. Then when the road narrows you should drift to the left. Don't worry about other drivers, as they'll slam on their brakes and/or drive off the road to avoid you.

3) If you see this sign:

Don't worry if you don't know what those purple signs mean. You should go into that lane, come to a complete stop before you begin looking for money. Once you figure out that there's no way to use the money you've found, don't panic. Just sit there for a few second while you calm down. Then back up and cut across as many lanes as you need to get to a lane you can pay in. Don't worry about the rush hour traffic passing you on both sides at 30+ MPH. They'll happily stop and wait for you to move.

Yargh!

jeff
sdg
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
Please tell me these aren't college students! Confused

College students are sometimes overrated. I have a friend who teaches masters level classes and still gets calls from parents when students receive a (earned/deserved) failing grade.

Speaking for myself, if my dad called my boss or one of my officers or instructors I would be ashamed to complain I'd be ashamed.

jeff
sdg
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! Especially the EZpass lanes!!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh...four-way stops. I have to cross two of them going to and from campus, and all sorts of drivers have tried to kill me. I know how they're supposed to work, I watch as I approach so I know when it's my turn to walk depending on who is where and if they're signalling. Problem is most idiots don't bother using a signal light anymore, and the others don't bother to stop!

Of course it's MY fault when they have to slam on the breaks. I'm only a stupid kid after all Evil or Very Mad
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me. In KY, NO ONE USES A TURN SIGNAL!!! It's one of the most annoying things about drivers here. That and the fact that they don't turn on their headlights in the rain so you really can't see them very well. ARGH!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 4092

mickeybumps97 is offline View user's profile Send private message mickeybumps97's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

weaponlordzero wrote:
Trust me. In KY, NO ONE USES A TURN SIGNAL!!! It's one of the most annoying things about drivers here. That and the fact that they don't turn on their headlights in the rain so you really can't see them very well. ARGH!

try driving thru boston.....not only do they not use signals but they attempt to drive into you. i hate the tunnels.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a light on a street near me that almost always blinks a steady yellow. It turns red when a pedestrian pushes the button and wants to cross. This is in front of a middle school, so it makes sense.

I have learned that after pushing the button and waiting patiently for the light to turn red, I should always be ready for one or two cars to careen right through the red. I've driven the street, and I know it can be hard. So I try to be patient with the morons.

Though I have been known to yell at cars running the red, "Red means STOP!"
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Next you should bring tomatoes and pelt them Lady Wink
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the kids I know from campus carries the Hammer of Justice. It's so bad at the four-way-stops near the school that he keeps it handy in the water-bottle sling that was build into the side of his backpack. That way when some moron drives right up to him as he's crossing the street, impatiently honking their horn or whatever, he stops, smiles sweetly, shows them the hammer and makes motions like he's going to dent their hood. Then he gives them a lecture before going on his merry way XD
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny Arya. We should buy him a patch for the backpack that says "THOR" lol Laughing
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Get him some body armor while your at it.

jeff
sdg
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it when people walk down the street (on the pavement this is) in threes or fours they have to walk side by side? Side by side and slowly? Leave some space. It's not hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: