StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Things I learned from Sci-Fi Movies
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
jbarta VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 10794

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:46 pm   Post subject: Things I learned from Sci-Fi Movies Reply with quote

This is a compilation of things we all have learned from Sci-Fi movies. It originally started as a chat topic, and took off from there.

Thought we should "formally document" these findings. If you like, you can add supporting video clips, or links to pictures demonstrating this new found knowledge.

Note #1: All doors should open and close quickly, slow closing doors, poorly designed HVAC systems, and exhaust ports are the #1 cause of security breaches.

J.
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Prime Directive was a good idea in the office.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Putting a pleated air filter in an aluminum holder and then placing over your eyes will give you digitally enhanced super vision.

Robots DO have feelings... with the right microchip Wink

He's a doctor... not a (insert title here)

Always give her all she's got!!

Thank you Very Happy
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripped from the Chatlines! Or some cheese like that:

Gert: Note #2- All alien races, no matter how far from Earth speak English.

ak-mal_owner: Note #3: When two ships meet in space, no matter where anyone came from or going to, both ships will be on the same plane of each other.

jbarta: Note #4: No matter what physics says, there really is sound in space.

Gert: Corollary to Note #4: No matter that space is a vacuum- space battles will be fiery with lingering explosions.

ak-mal_owner: Corollary to Corollary to Note #4: Despite the vacuum of space, laser can be seen when they are shot. And they also make a buzzy type sound when fired.

jbarta: Note #4.3.1: and laser beams strangely travel slower than the speed of light.

Gert: Note #5: Generally*, large ships the size of PLANETS accelerate and handle just as something the size of your mom's minivan would. *Sometimes they don't.

ak-mal_owner: Note #6: When exiting a wormhole, physics need not apply, you'll be able to stop on a dime.

Gert: Corollary to #6: When exiting a wormhole/black hole, all objects formerly compressed to the molecular level will resume their original states. Any organisms affected will feel no pain.

ak-mal_owner: Addendum to Corollary #6: Unless in a spaceship, then all matter remains normal during travel through said wormhole.
USA AK-Mal_Owner
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Addendum to Note #2: No matter how far from Earth, most aliens will be humanoid.

Note #7: Despite how advanced a society/race is, they are not impervious to Earth-made bullets.

-tg/akm
USA Gert
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2563

Gert is offline View user's profile Send private message View Gert's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Corollary to #7, otherwise known as the "Stargate Corollary": Primitive Earth-manufactured projectiles may be deflected if one is in possession of an item which shields proportionately to the force exerted.
Canada Arya
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a bad feeling in regards to any situation is usually a sign that things are about to go horribly wrong. This also applies if one of your companions admits to having a bad feeling as well.
Captain

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're wearing a red shirt on a mission to a foreign planet.... say your prayers
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*seen in Fortress 2* If you hold your breath and then step out of an airduct, the pressure and vacuum from space won't rip out your veins, you can just easily float to the other airduct of the station and reenter the station smoothly...

If you're the captain and getting into a one-to-one fight, you'll always rip your shirt off.

When your hearing a strange sound coming out of a dark corridor, you'll of course enter it to see what the source of that freaky sound is...
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 4415

AK-Mal_Owner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AK-Mal_Owner's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titanic Law of Escape Pods: No matter how large the ship is. No matter how high-tech the ship is. No matter how many crew there is (or isn't)... the ship will ALLWAYS be one pod short, leaving just the right number of crew for the monster/alien to pick off, leaving the two love interests at the end to be rescued.

-tg/akm
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien races ALWAYS have:
    - one language
    - one monolithic, planet-wide culture
    - one hairstyle
    - one type of dress

Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Habitable planitary systems are to be found in abundance.

*The presence of intelligent life on such planets is practically inevitable.

(Or wait!... Did I learn that from Sci-Fi movies or from Carl Sagan's Cosmos?!)

Mr. Green
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!!

Some strange thing can happen that will cause a whole race of people to develop large ridges in their forehead. Yet somehow no other creature in the galaxy knows how it happened... Very Happy
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

weaponlordzero wrote:
Ha!!

Some strange thing can happen that will cause a whole race of people to develop large ridges in their forehead. Yet somehow no other creature in the galaxy knows how it happened... Very Happy

Didn't watch Star Trek: Enterprise, did ya? Cool Laughing
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean they really explained it?!?!!!?!? I missed it!!!
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If it smells bad on the outside, it is worse on the inside.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: