StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The older days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:53 pm   Post subject: The older days. Reply with quote

Okay you old farts and middle-aged farts like myself. Wink Come sit around the fire and reflect the way things were last year... When you were all blessed with my arrival... Rolling Eyes

Okay this is not a thread about me but about the site rather. I was just thinking about how much I loved it when Lord Jeric would grace us with the posting of the new tracks on the home page. Now I know he still does this, but back then... It was different. For one there wasn't as many newbies, but newbies let us know that Jeric is a success, they remind us that his site is still going strong. Confused The other difference is that the new albums would actually be links to the request page. We were able to look at the new songs, and play them from the home page...

Yes this makes me sound Very, Very, VERY lazy. Embarassed But I always felt it was a fun way to introduce the new albums. Then again, they may get played too much.

Please feel free to post any thoughts on the older days, and how the site was at its early rockin totally kickin, shakin that booty stage. Razz
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have to agree with you. It is nice to be able to click on the soundtrack on the home page. It was taken away during the upgrade to 3.0 because requests were moved to members only. But non-members could get around that by requesting from the album links on the main page. This is something I would like to add back to the site. There are some other things I would like to do first like bring requests internally so it doesn't depend on audiorealm. This will give us much more flexibility, like making dedications and seeing who requests each song. This would also allow us to lock down just the request feature to members and just not the entire Playlist/Request area. I want the general public able to browse the playlist but not be able to request until they are logged in. I'm having trouble with getting the requests to work internally though. I think the web provider is blocking the port. I will try more.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW JERIC, that would be great. I can't even think of the words thatn would say how cool that will be. Cool
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe I am feeling a little on the pessimistic side here but if you give someone an inch they will take a mile. Security is an issue here but also our own ability to listen as well. With programs such as Kazaa and other P2P networks as well as a few programs that search the internet in general for music links, I can see an influx of hackers, crackers, and slackers flooding the site. Some will be trying to download the music. Others will be trying to hack and crack thier way past the security to steal the music. Others still will join the site and take up space without contributing.

I am sure that we will also get some valuable new members buy letting the general public see the mercahndise before they become a member and I am probably just being a doom sayer here.

As to Lego's original wish I would love to be able to open the new albums from the home page. I did enjoy that option of seeing what new stuff was available and what I might like to play.

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If the general public viewing the playlist becomes a problem I can switch that off like a switch. I think it is worth it for now.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA jk2silly VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 30

jk2silly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View jk2silly's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon reflection and the consuption of coffe. I realized 2 things.

1. Having the play list open to the public is a good thing as it will encourage membership with the site. If Jeric can count on a percentage of his members donating then that will be a good thing.

2. I should not be allowed to post before I have had my morning coffee. Rolling Eyes

We appoligize for the inconvenience and now return you to your regularly schedule fantasies.
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd. thing Silly... Some may just become a member and check out the playlist, realize that we enjoy scores rather than pop 40 songs. And then leave, with out a word. Notice how big the member list is... now how many listeners do we have on average? Confused exactly!

BTW JK check your pm's. (I need to have the option to have a hand reach out and smack you, so that you notice.) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: