StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Personal/Favorite Recipes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:13 pm   Post subject: Bacon is most assuredly the ingredient of the year. Reply with quote

Bacon is most assuredly the ingredient of the year.

Every important, influential, and innovative chef, from David Chang to Grant Achatz to Thomas Keller, made substantial use of bacon in 2008. It was used in appetizers, main courses, and desserts: bacon cookies, peanut butter and bacon "Elvis"cupcakes, and brittle, anyone? It even showed up in cocktails (bacon martini, anyone?).

It's used unadorned and as a mix-in, and served plain and fancy. It's used in cuisines around the world, from China to France to Italy to Mexico. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch, snacks, small plates, big plate, medium plates, in diners and four-star restaurants, bacon is served anytime, anywhere, by anybody and everybody.

And not just any bacon. These days we know much more than the brand of bacon. We know who's been making it for how long, who's been raising the pigs, what breed of pig it's made from, what it's cured in, and how long it's smoked for using what kind of wood. We know what the pigs the bacon is made from have been eating. And in fact we know that sometimes it's not even made from pigs. GQ recently named lamb bacon as one of the best foods in the U.S.

So next year don't be surprised if cucumber bacon finds its way to a restaurant table or fancy-pants grocery store. We've even got food writers expounding on bacon fatigue. When someone writes a story about bacon fatigue that's when you know an ingredient is white-hot.

Hell, as I'm writing and thinking about this I'm thinking that we ought to award bacon the ingredient of the 21st century. I know we have 91 years to go, but based on the evidence outlined above, could any serious eater come to any other conclusion?

Bacon's gone from a supporting actor's role in the food universe to flat out cultural icon. Bacon's a star, damn it, and stars have to be treated and recognized as such.

I knew that there was a strong bacon thing going on when my pic of bacon ice cream (from David Lebovitz's recipe) on Flickr broke 3000 views (http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaszeta/2485249502/ , and it's not that bad, really), although it goes at least back to early 2007 and the release of Mo's Bacon Bar.

German Bacon Cookies

- makes about 30 cookies -

For smooth and even slicing, you must chill the shaped logs of dough for at least two hours. To make things even easier, dip the knife you're using to slice the rounds into water periodically.
Ingredients

4 slices German Speck or double-smoked slab bacon (rind removed), finely chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces and softened
1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, beaten
3 tablespoons heavy cream
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Procedure

1. In a skillet, fry the bacon over moderate heat until crisp; drain on paper towels, reserving the fat.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, butter, the whole egg, cream, and pepper; beat with an electric mixer until the dough is well blended. Transfer to a floured surface, add the bacon, and knead until dough is soft and bacon evenly distributed, about 1 minute. Roll out dough into one or two logs about 1 1/2 inches thick, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 2 hours.

3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet with a little of the bacon fat, and set aside.

4. On a work surface, cut the log into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange slices about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet, brush with the beaten egg yolk, and bake until the cookies are browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool.

Last edited by Cinder on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commodore
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The author of this puts the sprinkles on .....There are a few Elvis cupcakes recipes out there but not all of them had what I consider the essential ingredients. Must have peanut butter, banana, AND bacon. I decided to go with a banana cupcake base, a peanut butter buttercream (of the Swiss variety) and top it with honeyed bacon "sprinkles."

Bacon Sprinkles:

4-5 strips of good quality bacon
2 tablespoons of honey

In a medium frying pan cook bacon until it's nicely done (not too crisp, but definitely not floppy).
Using tongs remove bacon from pan and place on a paper towel cover plate.
Blot excess grease.
When cooled dice bacon with a large knife.
Drain excess grease from frying pan and add honey.
Return pan to medium low heat. When honey begins to bubble slightly toss in bacon for about a minute or until it achieves a candy sheen.
Remove from heat and pour mixture on glass plate to cool (spreading it as evenly as possible).
When mixture is cool, chop into "bacon bits" and garnish cupcakes.

Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk and your favorite Elvis album!

Last edited by Cinder on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Try-it-you'll-like-it bacon brittle

MAKES ABOUT 1 POUND

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1/2 cup water

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) chopped pecans

1/3 to 1/2 cup cooked bacon bits (6 to 8 ounces uncooked bacon)

Grease or butter a large nonstick baking sheet.

In a medium heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the syrup comes to a boil. Attach a candy thermometer to the pan, increase the heat to high, and cook, without stirring, until the mixture reaches 290 degrees. Immediately remove from the heat.

Stir in the butter, vanilla, baking soda, pecans and bacon bits. Watch out, the mixture will foam. When the foam subsides, pour the hot mixture onto the prepared baking sheet as thinly as possible. Do not use a spatula.

Cool at least 10 minutes before breaking into pieces. Store in a covered container.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sausage Bread

Origin: Italian
Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds Italian style pork sausage
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound pizza or bread dough
1 whole egg
1 egg, separated (set yolk aside for brushing on the dough)
2 teaspoons minced parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Preparation:

Cook sausage in frying pan; drain well.
In a large bowl, combine the sausage, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg and egg white; mix well.
Add the parsley, oregano and salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a circle.
Spread the sausage mixture on top to within 1" of edge.
Roll up like a jelly roll, pinch the edge well; place on cookie sheet.
Brush top lightly with beaten egg yolk.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Set on wire rack to cool slightly.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrimp and Grits with Bacon

- serves 4 -
Ingredients

1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups milk
3 cups water
1 cup grits
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, finely grated
8 ounces bacon, chopped
20 medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup scallion, chopped
Salt and pepper
Procedure

1. Add the butter and olive oil to a saucepan set over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Turn the heat to high and pour in the milk and water. Bring to a boil and slowly whisk in the grits. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes. When done, dump in the cheese and stir until it is melted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.

2. Add the bacon to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook until golden browned and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Pour out all but 3 tablespoons of the oil.

3. Set the skillet back over medium-high heat and when nearly smoking, add the shrimp. Cook until pink, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.

4. Scoop some of the cheese grits into a bowl and top with the shrimp, chopped bacon, and scallions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is great for St. Patrick's day, or beer recipes, or just good eats!!!

Guinness-Braised Chuck Steaks with Horseradish Mashed Potatoes

6 servings (serving size: 3 ounces beef, 3/4 cup potatoes, and 1/3 cup sauce)
Ingredients

Steak:
1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck steak, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
2 bay leaves
1 (12-ounce) bottle Guinness Stout

Potatoes:
2 pounds peeled baking potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

To prepare steak, sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add steak; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove steak from pan; set aside. Add 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped carrot, 2 tablespoons broth, and sugar. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes. Stir in rosemary, mushrooms, and garlic. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Add bay leaves, stout, remaining broth, and steak; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 30 minutes or until steak is tender.

To prepare potatoes, place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Return potatoes to pan. Add butter; beat with a mixer at medium speed just until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Keep warm.

Remove steak from pan; keep warm. Discard bay leaves. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spoon stout mixture over steak. Serve with potatoes.

Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer Marinated Steaks with Peppercorn Sauce

Servings: 6
6 whole steaks — New York or Ribeyes
12 ounces dark beer
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons onion — minced
6 whole garlic cloves — minced
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger — peeled, minced
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

SAUCE:
1/2 cup white wine
1 whole shallot — chopped
2 tablespoons peppercorns — mixed colors, crushed
1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 3/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
1/2 cup whipping cream

1. Place steaks in a single layer in a glass baking dish. Whisk beer, sugar, lime juice, onion, garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, oil, ginger and hot pepper sauce in large bowl to blend. Pour marinade over steaks. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, turning once. (May also be made in a ziploc plastic bag, turning bag at least once during the overnight marinating time.)
2. In a heavy, medium-sized saucepan bring white wine, shallot and the crushed peppercorns to a boil; simmer until mixture is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Add chicken stock and beef stock and boil until it is reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 25 minutes. Add the whipping cream and cook until the sauce coats a spoon. Set aside at room temp, then strain out the peppercorns.
3. Prepare barbecue to medium-high heat. Remove steaks from marinade and allow to sit out at room temp for about 30 minutes. Slather grapeseed oil on grill grates to prevent sticking. Blot the steaks with paper towel, then grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. If using a meat thermometer, remove at about 123 degrees. Meanwhile, bring peppercorn sauce (strained) to a simmer. Drizzle the sauce over the steak and potatoes.
NOTES: Be SURE to use low-sodium broth for the sauce, because once you reduce that sauce, it will concentrate the salt. It would be inedible if you used regularly salted broth.
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We were enjoying "Sweeeny Todd" and talking about the wonderful Mrs. Lovett and her meat pies. I thought why not post a recipe for them!!!
Enjoy.. they are good for you.

Chatwetty's Traditional Meat Pie

A 15th-century recipe, not Mrs. Lovett's. {OH see how they are!}
Serves 8.

1 pound pork or veal, cubed
1 cup water
Pastry for 8-inch double pie crust
6 tablespoons chopped dates
6 tablespoons currants
2 teaspoons salt
5 saffron threads
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon ground mace
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup red wine
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
10 egg yolks

1. In saucepan, simmer meat in water 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Line 8-inch square baking dish with pastry.
3. In medium-sized bowl, combine meat, dates and currants. Place meat mixture into pastry-lined dish.
4. In same bowl, combine salt, saffron, ginger, pepper, mace, cloves, wine, vinegar and 9 egg yolks, reserving 1 yolk.
5. Pour mixture over the meat.
6. Cover with top crust, crimp well, make triangular cuts in center and fold tips back.
7. Beat reserved yolk and brush on crust. Bake at 375°F until crust is browned and meat is heated through, 25 to 30 minutes.

Poor dear... she was not such a good cook until... she got a new recipe!

Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:51 pm   Post subject: Sweet and Spicy Reply with quote

Chipotle-Maple Peanut Brittle

1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter
2 1/2 cups (about 320 grams) roasted salted peanuts
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder

In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, maple syrup and butter. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until a candy thermometer registers 275 degrees. Add peanuts and cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 295 degrees. Remove pan from the heat and stir in baking soda and chile powder.

Working quickly, but carefully, pour the mixture out onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and coated with cooking spray. Cover candy with another sheet of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to quickly roll mixture to an even thickness. Remove top sheet of parchment and set baking sheet onto a wire rack to let candy cool completely. Break into pieces.

Makes roughly 1 3/4 pounds worth of candy.

Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:50 pm   Post subject: Star Trek and food Reply with quote

Emergency ration

From Memory Alpha, the free Star Trek reference
(Redirected from Ration pack)
Jump to: navigation, search
21st century Vulcan emergency ration

Emergency rations, also known as ration cubes, combat rations, or field rations, are food supplements typically used when food slots, replicators and/or conventional food supplies are unavailable.

After Malcolm Reed and Charles Tucker's shuttlepod was damaged by a microsingularity in 2151, Reed found several ration packs that included veal marsala, Chilean sea bass, moo goo gai pan, and meatloaf with mashed potatoes. (ENT: "Shuttlepod One")

During the 2360s, while attending Starfleet Medical Academy, Julian Bashir designed a flavorful candy bar that was far superior in food value than Starfleet combat rations. (DS9: "The Siege")

Quantities of emergency rations were transferred to Deep Space 9 to keep it stocked until replicators and food supplies could be restored when the Federation took control of the station in 2369. (DS9: "Emissary")

In the 2370s, standard Starfleet rations were a time-released formula of all the nutrients the body needs for three days. (DS9: "The Siege") Ration packs contained additional condiments such as salt, pepper and bottles of water. (DS9: "Waltz")

When the USS Voyager was sent to the Delta Quadrant, the crew used rations to conserve power. One day in 2371, Kathryn Janeway had ration pack 5 while Chakotay had oatmeal from another pack. (VOY: "Phage")

Chief Miles O'Brien's many years of field duty gave him a certain appreciation for rations; he commented on them as being "the miracle of science" when he was one of the crewpeople remaining during the Bajoran Alliance for Global Unity's siege of Deep Space 9 in 2370. He noted that field rations were one of the few things he missed about the Cardassian Wars. (DS9: "The Siege") However, he disliked alien foods that were the ration provisions of non-Federation cultures, such as the T'Lani and Kellerun rations Dr. Bashir found on T'Lani III. (DS9: "Armageddon Game")

When Major Kira and Gul Dukat searched Dozaria for survivors of the Ravinok in 2372, they also had field rations. Dukat hadn't had some for a long time and assumed they hadn't become better since then; Kira then told him they had actually become a little worse. (DS9: "Indiscretion")

After their Danube-class runabout crashed on a planet in 2373, Quark and Odo had to survive on rations as the replicators were offline and the local plants were poisonous. Unfortunately, several of the ration packs were also lost in the crash. Quark would later say that the rations were "crumbs". (DS9: "The Ascent")

In early 2374, Benjamin Sisko and his crew were equipped with rations on a captured Jem'Hadar attack ship. After Nog told O'Brien they would have "plenty of field rations", something which even O'Brien thought would be a problem after eating them for three weeks. (DS9: "A Time to Stand")

In an alternate timeline Starfleet served meals called TKLs, a form of ration. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise")

The crew of the USS Voyager was forced to go to emergency rations in another alternate timeline after numerous Krenim attacks had damaged the power relays, taking the replicator system off-line. (VOY: "Year of Hell")

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Ration_pack
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 pm   Post subject: Romulan Ale Reply with quote

Romulan Ale

Any Trek fan worth his or her salt (included in Starfleet emergency rations, by the way) knows that Romulan ale is one of the most widely referenced food-and-beverage items in the franchise. It's an ultrapotent blue drink that reportedly results in instant drunkeness. [After the jump, recipes for Romulan ale, Klingon bloodwine, and why Vulcans hate barbecue.]

Science fiction often holds a mirror up to contemporary culture, critiquing its practices, politics, and mores. So, too, with Romulan ale. Because of the United Federation of Planets' standoff with the Romulan Empire, the drink is illegal within the Federation—much like Cuban cigars are in the U.S. But like the captains of industry of today, captains of starships indulge in this vice. As Kirk said in The Undiscovered Country, the routine violation of the embargo is "one of the advantages of being a thousand light years from Federation headquarters."

Its proper Romulan name may be kali-fal.

Recipes: There are several recipes out there for Earth-bound Romulan ale. The simplest involves mixing equal amounts of vodka, rum, and blue curaçao, but this one sounds a bit tastier: equal parts vodka, triple sec, blue curaçao, and lemonade.

Romulan Ale (2)
description Just chuck it all in a glass, add some ice if you like, it makes no difference.
Drink. I first tried this about a year ago.
It is devastating.
Just like oranges and lemons, no bite from the alcohol regardless of whether or not you have ice.
It slips down beautifully.
Three or four of these cocktails in five minutes would be child's play, but that would be the equivalent of 9 or 12 measures.
You wouldn't want to do that.

ingredients
25 ml. Vodka
25 ml. Triple Sec
25 ml. Blue Curacao
25 ml. Lemonade

glass type Highball Glass

~~~~~~
Romulan Foods

* Jumbo Romulan mollusk: a delicacy that appears to be served over rice, with perhaps scrambled egg.
Examples of mollusks

* Adosian slug * Clam * Cuttlefish * Jumbo Romulan mollusk * Snail
* Jumbo Vulcan mollusk * Nautilus * Octopus * Oyster * Squid

* Osol twist: A very tart candy first mentioned in Deep Space 9 episode "Image in the Sand"

* Viinerine: A military staple, it first appears in TNG episode "Face of the Enemy"
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcans: They Don't Like Barbecue

You know what the Vulcans are all about—ultra logical, emotionless, intellectual, cool under pressure. Their food seems equally bland, too, and from what I can remember in all my years of watching Trek shows and movies, there hasn't really been a standout dish that's mentioned again and again in the way Romulan ale is.

Most Vulcans are vegetarians, and while it would be easy for other folks to take a swipe at the veg lifestyle, I've had pretty damn good meatless meals—so there's no excuse for lame food in the Vulcan repertoire. Oh, and they don't touch food with bare hands, unless using special gloves.

Vulcan Foods

* Brandy: Alcohol supposedly does not affect Vulcans, so Vulcan brandy may be used for ceremonial purposes or for export only
* Gespar: Some sort of breakfast food
* Jumbo mollusk: Related to the Romulan jumbo mollusk
* Mocha: You'd never guess that this was a coffeelike beverage, would you?
* Plomeek soup (Plomeek broth): A bland breakfast soup. In the original series (TOS), Spock threw a bowl of it at Nurse Chapel while he was going through his pon farr (crazy, horny mating period)
* Plomeek tea
* Pok tar
* Vulcan port: Again, Vulcans are supposedly immune to the effects of alcohol... You know, I really love Memory Alpha. It's so geeky and thorough. Its entry on Vulcan port goes into AOC/DOC territory, noting that a port wine is techinally from the Douro Valley in Portugal and hence Vulcan port probably "is a colloquialism, which suggests that the production of Vulcan port, and the production of Vulcan alcoholic beverages in general, are an imported practice not native to Vulcan culture"
* Redspice: Helped make a dish so tasty that Chief Miles O'Brien (DS9) asked for the recipe
* Vulcan spice tea: Seems like it was Captain Janeway's (Voyager) version of Earl Grey
* Vulcan tea

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/05/a-primer-to-star-trek-food-and-drink.html?ref=se-bb1
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Trek Cookbooks

There are a couple of Star Trek cookbooks, if you really want to replicate the food of the universe here on Earth.

There's the prosaically named Star Trek Cookbook, by William J. Birnes and Ethan Phillips, whose character, Neelix, could often be found cooking in Star Trek: Voyager (his feragoit goulash is known across 12 star systems, after all).

And the Official Star Trek Cooking Manual has a cool spin on things, written as if it's Nurse Christine Chapel's recipe book that was somehow transported to the present time. As Memory Alpha notes, "The introduction includes what is purportedly a food synthesizer algorithm for Dr. McCoy's favorite dish; in fact, it is FORTRAN source code for a program that prints the message, 'CHICKEN 3.14159 SKEPTIC.'" Whatever that means.
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, Klingons Are Not Part of This Movie

But there is a list and information about them in the article.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/05/a-primer-to-star-trek-food-and-drink.html?ref=se-bb1
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Movies with the focus around food. So fire up your Netflix queue or visit your local video store.

Babette’s Feast (1987), subtitled: This Danish/French production and Best-Foreign Language Oscar winner connects religious themes with gastronomical delights as the heroine pours lottery winnings into a magnificent banquet.

Big Night (1996): With mouthwatering footage of Italian dishes, this Indie dramedy centers on two immigrant brothers who gamble on a huge feast to save their struggling New Jersey restaurant.

Chocolat (2000): partially subtitled. Desserts takes center stage in this multi-Oscar-nominated English/French film about a single mom who opens a chocolate shop in a conservative Catholic town.

Eat, Drink, Man, Woman (1992), subtitled: Ang Lee nabbed a best foreign film Oscar nom for this affectionate exploration of Taiwanese gastronomical and generational dynamics through the story of a master chef and his three daughters.

Like Water for Chocolate (1992), subtitled: In this Mexican family drama, home-cooked cuisine does strange and mystical things to the characters.

Mostly Martha (2001), subtitled: “No Reservations” was inspired by this German tale of a top chef whose headstrong 8-year old niece comes to live with her.

No Reservations (2007): Based on the previous movie above, about the romance between a top restaurant chef and her sous chef with the complication of the 8-year old niece who comes to live with her when the child’s mother dies.

Ratatouille(2007): This Pixar comedy is about Remy, a young rat who lives in the walls of a fancy Paris restaurant and aspires to be a chef.

Soul Food (1997): The 40-year long ritual of a family’s Sunday dinners of sumptuous soul food is interrupted by the matriarch’s hospitalization.

Tampopo(1985), subtitled: This Japanese comedy centers on efforts to make a humdrum ramen bar into a three-star noodle restaurant.

Waitress (2007): Keri Russell plays a Southern pie-maker with pastry-centered daydreams and hopes of leaving her control-freak husband to start her own pie shop.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: