StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Stream Interruptions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 548

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:49 am   Post subject: Stream Interruptions? Reply with quote

I dont want this to be perceived as a gripe really, but I have noticed that as of about the last 3 weeks or so, the stream hasnt been nearly as reliable. Im sure other are experiencing the same thing, as I have asked in chat.

In observation, it doesnt seem to be related to anything in particular...time, number of users, etc. For instance, even early in the morning, with few listeners, it seems to cut out just as much as in the middle of the day with 100s of users. In some cases these drops will be just a few seconds (1-5), but in some instances, they are significant times, when the stream is actually LOST from L365 or Shoutcast.

Im also noticing that the screen refreshes seem to be more frequent and invasive (i.e. in many cases the stream stops. Again Im thinking this isnt just my own system but others experiencing the same thing.

In comparison, I havent noticed a noticeable change in other streaming media stations.

Has there been some changes to the site in the last few weeks that might have caused these changes? Are there ways we can make this better on our end?

What can we do to help?

Kork
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:25 am   Post subject: Re: Stream Interruptions? Reply with quote

That's a legitimate gripe. My ISP, Comcast, has been having issues. This is my internet connection that feeds all the streams so it affects everything. My connection has been dropping out consistently for going on 3 weeks now. Ever since Comcast bought AT&T, everything has gone to hell. I've been on the phone with them several times and I've also been hoping that the problem fixes itself. Since neither has helped I plan this week to make a decision on whether Comcast should come out and fix the problem or change ISPs. This will require me taking a day off from work to do this and that is hard for me to do.

All I can ask is just hang in there. This is killing me too.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, my ISP didnt solve a thing. Every winter the routers get overloaded by the heavy traffic. The only thing they say on the phone is 'We are working on it'. At the moment I cant play any games online. and I know I wont for months if I keep this ISP. like all last years.

I have @home cable in the Netherlands. My ADSL-line is already initialized and I already have the modem at home. Thus my solution was switching ISPs (and type of broadband). I only need time to hook the modem on my gateway server.

My advice: switch ISPs. Good luck mate, hope you solve it soon.
korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

korkster is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website korkster's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jeric...not to worry!! Thank you very much for taking the time to explain. It kinda laid to rest fears that it might be my own system. Hang in there and keep up the great work!

Kork
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with jeric. my home pc service is crapy. so i know how it is. if the live 365 stops just click play a few times and it comes back. it may take 5 clicks tho. cheers
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I usually dont have a prob getting it back, unless the stream stops being sent to L365 or Shoutcast. Then I get the password bar (on shoutcast) or that annoying tone on L365. As Jeric indicated, its not really him but his streaming broadcaster thats losing the continuity.

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to stick it out with comcast. I just called about DSL. It is available in my area but they don't know for sure unless I change my phone service to them which is double the cost. If I were to get a similar package to what I have now it would be more than double the cost. If I switch to DSL it will be at least $100 more a month. So I'm going to ride comcasts ass with phone calls and refund claims until they fix my service. See what happens when you build a dedicated PC for the stream a purchase high quality bandwidth? Something else goes wrong.

Caliburn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
So I'm going to ride comcasts ass with phone calls and refund claims until they fix my service.

Let me guess: They are 'working on it'?

Sorry for sounding so negative. But we have very bad experiences with cable compagnies here in Europe. They will prolly 'fix' it in spring when all the people go out and play again in the lovely weather.

I wish you all the luck..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
Let me guess: They are 'working on it'?

No, they haven't acknowledged the problem yet. Thanks for the wish of luck. There doesn't seem to be too much of that around here lately.

korkster
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric....is comcast your only option there? Are you running Windows or Linux?

I dont know if Covad/Earthlink has links in your area, but my link here is 1.2MBit down and 384kbit up for $53.30 a month (my company actually pays for my internet). You might be able to get something comparable. But I'm sure you've reserched all that.

Best of luck and let me know if I can personally help in any way.

Kork
soundTrack_nut
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 2714

soundTrack_nut is offline View user's profile Send private message soundTrack_nut's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought Cox was bad. But I have 3000/192 for $39.99. Service has actually improved.

I hope you guys get it resolved soon! The dont listen to the stream much anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Comcast will be out tomorrow to look at this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: