StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How about a subscription plan?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Gatorbot
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 114

Gatorbot is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gatorbot's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:20 am   Post subject: How about a subscription plan? Reply with quote

Yea I know that I dont post much, or at all, but Ive been thinking a bit about this website.

Why dosnt SST have a subscription stream.

Maybe charge like 5 dollars a month. Offer more requests per hour (maybe 4 or so). Offer sucscriber only contests where they can win the soundtrack of their choice.

This is just one mans opinion.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, the site would have to change a lot to actualy have multiple queues and it'd be hard to build in the user authentication. Secondly, 5$ a month is way too cheap, let alone alowing 4 requests per hour for it.

I'm having a harder time imagining why exactly you want this change? Are you having trouble getting a spot to listen to the stream? (which to me sounds unlikely, but possible) Or are you unhappy with what's playing?

My suggestion, and forgive me if this comes accross as rude is : donate 5$ a month anyway, and be happy with 1 request per hour.. And if you really like a particular soundtrack, let it be known in the chat, I'm sure other people will pick it just to hear it themselves.
Cadet 1

Gatorbot is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gatorbot's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah I dont have any sorta problems or nothing wiht the current stream.

Just thought that it would hlpe the site make some more money. It garuntees so many people a month giving 5 dollars. Offering a subscriber only stream with more requests would be a way of entising people to the subscription.

It wasnt meant as a complain post or nothin. Just an idea.
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't shooting down your idea or anything. But I do remember lots of discussions about things like these in the past.

Previous conclusion was that it seems people are far more likely to donate for a free stream than they are to subscribe to a subscription-only stream. The free stream will make sure SST will keep growing, which will in turn allow for more people to actually donate.

The combination of a free and a subscription stream is novel though, but like I said I think that will require the site to change, or even a second site to start, and I don't think that's the way JERIC wants to go with SST. But by all means, I don't want to make his decisions.

And as an afterthought : if you start subscriptions, what about downtime and things like that? I mean I'd hate people complaining about the level of service if they pay only 5$ a month...
Cadet 1

AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SlowMo wrote:
I mean I'd hate people complaining about the level of service if they pay only 5$ a month...

lol i see your point on that one.

I didnt realise that other posts were made on this subject.

Oh well. Back to being a recluse I guess.
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL AVATAR THOUGH! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: