StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

PR: The Eagle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
cinemediapromo
Captain
Captain

Member#: 20035

cinemediapromo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail cinemediapromo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 pm   Post subject: PR: The Eagle Reply with quote

SILVA SCREEN RECORDS PRESENTS
THE EAGLE

Composer Atli Örvarsson’s Epic And Exciting Celtic-Flavored Score To Kevin Macdonald’s Roman Epic Adventure

Based on Rosemary Sutcliff’s classic novel The Eagle of the Ninth, the story is set in 2nd-Century Britain and follows two men on their dangerous and obsessive quest to solve the unexplained disappearance of the entire Ninth Legion in Scotland. Starring Channing Tatum, Jamie Bell and Donald Sutherland.

Atli Örvarsson is rapidly joining the ranks of Hollywood's most dynamic young film composers. His recent film scores include Season of the Witch, The Code, Vantage Point and Babylon A.D.

In 2006, Örvarsson joined Hans Zimmer’s state-of-the-art musical "think tank" Remote Control Productions where he collaborated with Zimmer on several scores, including Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Angels & Demons, The Simpsons Movie, and The Holiday.

As winner of the renowned Pete Carpenter Fellowship for young composers, Atli moved to Los Angeles in 1998 to join Mr. Post's team as composer and orchestrator on all three Law and Order series and NYPD Blue.

Atli Örvarsson discusses working with director Kevin Macdonald:

“Handmade and authentic. These became the key words in my conversations with director Kevin Macdonald as we started working on the music for The Eagle. With a background in documentary film making, he had a deep desire for the music to feel “real and true” to the period and geography of the film… in Kevin I had the perfect collaborator who constantly encouraged me to seek out the unknown and challenged my “musical comfort zone.” From recording Ram’s horns, carnyx and stone whistles in an Edinburgh church, to finding the deeply talented Neff brothers on Myspace, to discovering the hauntingly beautiful Persian Kamancheh … In the end I had the privilege to weave all these elements, along with my themes and an orchestra, into the tapestry that is this score.”

Track Listing:
1. Testudo
2. Highlands
3. The Return Of The Eagle
4. The Ninth Legion
5. North of the Wall
6. Honourable Discharge
7. Out Swords!
8. May Your Souls Take Flight
9. The Seal People
10. Searching
11. Barbarians
12. I Will Return
13. Better Angry Than Dead
14. Eagle Lost, Honour Lost
15. Fleeing The Village
16. Edge of the World
17. Esca's Freedom
18. Beyond The Territories

CAT NO: SILCD1359
Digital Album: SILED1359
US Release Date: 22nd February 2011

PRESS AND MEDIA INFORMATION:
cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or visit www.silvascreenmusic.com
Spain MarioSoundtrack
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 30374

MarioSoundtrack is offline View user's profile Send private message View MarioSoundtrack's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Atli is a new discover for me directly.
I knew that he had been composing for Remote Control Productions but I didn't have any Soundtrack originally from him.
"the Return of the Eagle" is the best song of this epic score with other amazings tracks as Out Swords, the Ninth Legion or I Will Return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: