StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Req's/Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:40 pm   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

I guess we are losing the focus of this topic. The whole point is that recently a bunch of people who doesn't seems to have anything between their ears insist stubbornly on adding requests to the queue no matter that they are not going to be played for three hours making the queue absurd.

Some people who have been hanging around for a long time have raised the idea that maybe if you'll have to register and/or pay in order to request these people would stop acting the goat.

I was one of those who found unbearable the fact that this place would become a pay (mandatory) place, but, if it's the only way to stop these brainless people, going against my principles I'd have to vote for making the possibility of requesting songs a pay service.

Never forget that among those party poopers there are those who find cool to abuse the system and request more songs than available, a pay or registering service would make it harder for them to ruin the fun in this place.

I don't think that we want anybody out of this place, even we have accepted people who have logged into the chat claiming that they had requested 12 songs when 2/60 were available. So, Nitric, don't get it personal, it's just the general feeling that something has to be done to keep this place being as good as it gets.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:06 am   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

I like Nitric. He's feisty! [Big Grin]

If you're so poor then I'll pay your stinkin' $2 okay? But you have to promise to either shut up and sit down or fight for my side of the argument.

Or maybe you could just sing my theme music whenever I enter the chatboard... that'd be good. Deal?
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:37 am   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

Okay okay, the Cocles theme song... Well, what are the tunes to the Forest Gump theme again...

By the way.. Nitric, mandatory paying was only discussed to allow requesting tracks. Not for listening. And I'll even say that I don't think it has to go that far. I think registering in order to request will already limit the queue length.

BTW, while paying is not mandatory, I am still a firm believer that you pay for the things you enjoy (except sex), and while I don't send money all over the world to everybody I still think SST has been one of the most worthy recipients for my humble money transfers. (I'm not rich either)
Cadet 3

Member#: 147

expat is offline View user's profile Send private message expat's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:39 am   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

C what IS your theme music?!
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:45 am   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

Anything that's Funkilicious.

Awwwwwwwww yeahhhhhh..............
USA Morg VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 57

Morg is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Morg's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:59 pm   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

Well, I must admit that I like how this topic is coming along. I think it is one of the more intelligent conversations that we have had on what to do with people who abuse the system.

I agree with the fact that we should have the site set up to where you should have to make a payment in order to request songs. Either that, or make a donation of sorts, be it bandwidth, cash, or music.

As to the people who abuse the privilege of listening to the music that is being provided, I hope that eventually they will realize exactly what they are doing, and the problems that they are causing. Not only will they be ruining the site for the people who respect the system, but they are also ruining it for themselves.

And I think I speak for everyone when I say this, but StreamingSoundtracks.com has come too far than to let morons bring it down.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:49 pm   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

To all these party poopers who hang around here:

Having a place like this is not a right, is a privilege, if you abuse your privileges don't expect to have my support when you'll lose them.

Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:47 am   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

Jeric,

I just wanted to offer my thanks for cleaning up the requesting windows--I've noticed during the past week or so that when I request a new song, a new pop-up window doesn't come up, and the AudioRealm pop-up window which lets me know the status of my request is now limited to the size required to display the information, instead of the default window size. This is much less annoying, and makes it easier to request songs.

Also, is there any word on if/when the entire playist history queue will be available again?
Or at least fixing the "request a song already played and lose the request" problem (for the rare times that we are able to request 2 songs at a time)? I really don't think that a fix to the problem would be that hard...I'd even offer to code up a Java script to do so...but unfortunately, I'm not a programmer and I don't know Java. [Big Grin]

Thanks!
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:15 am   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

There will be much more improvemnet when I get the playlist into a database. This is going to take some time and I don't have much of that. Keep in mind I have a day job, a family and I'm the only developer for SST. Thanks Yvond for your comliments and insight. Things are coming along, but slowly.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Yvond
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 39

Yvond is offline View user's profile Send private message Yvond's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:22 am   Post subject: Req's/Hour Reply with quote

No prob---thanks for the wonderful site! Keep up the good work, and make sure you spend enough time with your family...it's much more important than this is. [Wink]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: